Mustek DV-5500 Digital Still Camcorder with Docking Station

Epinions review:

The Mustek DV5500 is an excellent digital video camcorder.It is very easy to use, and its very lightweight,it also has a very crisp and clear 2.5" TFT LCD Swivel display screen, which is an excellent feature.You can create different fader effects when making videos, and when taking pictures, you can add cool effects such as, Negative,Sepia,Sketch,Solarize, and Pastel.Its 4X zoom could be better, cause when zooming, the picture is a little jumpy. It hooks up to the TV for viewing videos and pictures, and it hooks up to the computer via USB, for easy transfer of pictures. Its rechargeable battery lasts a while, and the sound quality for audio and video recording is excellent. It does 7 different things such as Digital Camcorder, Digital Still Camera, Digital Voice Recorder, MP3 Player, Video Camera, SD/MMC card Reader, and a PC cam. It comes with a lot of accessories, like a tripod, a 32MB card,and a DV bag. Its design is very sleek, and the blue and silver color is really nice.It also has a really bright, built in flash, and you can adjust the white balance for all types of different lighting conditions. Overall, This is an excellent camcorder, and i highly recommend it!

For good or bad…I bought one for a 12 yo. The good reviews seems very good. I played ostrich with the bad reviews because in my experience most people like to complain…I hear it all day long at work. Hardly ever hear the good stuff, always hear the bad stuff. blah, ba-ba-ba, blah. As soon as I read one of the good Amazon reviews from a guy that paid $160…I was sold!!!

I’m not really swayed by the negative reviews, I bought one for my parents for Christmas and they won’t notice how crappy their pictures are really. It’s small, cute, and definitely better than the 50 pound camcorder from the 80’s that my parents still use.

In for 3 - Nieces 9, 7 and 4 will absolutely LOVE these!!! As a matter of fact, These camcorders are better than the 1 megapixel toy camcorder/digital cams they have at toy stores that are awful, and will make them feel like they have grwon up cameras, since they are always grabbing for the real Digital Cameras/Camcorders anyway. Now they will all have their very own!!! Uncle to the rescue!!!

What a bunch of BS…

I click the submit button and four minutes later it tells me sorry sold out. sometimes this system is a real pain in the butt…

It had been for sale for almost 18 hours…you should have wooted sooner.

Mine came with a BUNCH of scratches all over it. Definitely a refurbished one(and horrible one at that), the condition was supposed to be new.

Please get in touch with rma@woot.com with your order number and let them know. They should be able to get you straightened out.

I bought 2 of these and they both came without the battery. I hope that woot will help me.