Mustek MBT-H120 Bluetooth Headset

Good price. Buy.com sells for $43.41

cheers.

buy.com link

I cannot speak of this items because I do not own one. But, I have owned a Mustaek Scaner and a Mustek camera. Both items were sub par when it came to specs, but they were also much cheaper. However, don’t waste the money. I have not been happy with any Mustek item I have purchased IMHO.

Review from CNET:

6.7 out of 10

This is a really good price for this headset. I had a Mustek scanner that served me well for years.
I guess I really shouldn’t say too much here because my posts are always deleted. Bunch of Christo-phobes here.

Ok, so I guess it will not work with my rotary phone, but it should work with anything that is Bluetooth compatible.

One thing is that I hate the idea of being one of the idiots walking down the street talking to myself. If it came with a 40oz in a brown bag I would at least look like I should be talking to myself.

Am I the only person in the world who finds using Bluetooth products - even when pre-paired - difficult to use? There’s nothing like installing the software, sticking in the USB gumstick and finding out your computer (which IS on the compatible list) just doesn’t seem to hook up with the device that came in the same box. And we aren’t talking about huge ranges here - like 5ft ought to be short enough, yes?

Oh well.

(Dmn. Can’t type worth crp tonight. Look all of those asterisks!)

I own mustek scanner about 5-6 years ago. Nice product and cheap. I hope this one is as good as the scanner it made…

Review:

The good: The Mustek MBT-H120 Bluetooth headset has a comfortable fit and is easy to use.

The bad: The Mustek MBT-H120’s audio quality decreases in noisy conditions.

What the hell, for $20, I’m in!

gets a good review on Cnet

Better than the Moto HS850 or whatever? The one with a flipping boom… doubt it, but I guess I could use a spare.

Hey Woot, hook me up with a set of those Motorola Bluetooth Stereo Headsets for listening to music on my Motorola Q. I’m trying to find those everywhere.

So, is this better than my Motorola 850 that I overpaid $70 for? Who am I kidding, I love that thing, and any Plantronics headset I have tried pales in comparison.

Sadly I have more use for the previous item then this one. I know a lot of people that get hot with out usb laptop fans. Almost every one i know that has a cell phone with blue tooth already has a head set. Also do the world a favor don’t walk around with the head set on it makes you look stupid. but it on only when you are making a call or expecting. people wont mind waiting the 30 seconds it takes to clip it on and hit answer.

Also a lot of people i know have Mustek blue tooth devices. I am not sure it is this same model or not but they all seam very pleased with them Mustek is a good brand and these are dirt cheap would buy but my work phone doesn’t support blue tooth.

Find me a BT review on a headset under 50 bux w/out that problem. I have a couple other brands w/ the same “problem” and its really not that bad. for 15bux its worth the gamble of having it as a headset for your quiet desk.

wow @ time to first woot.

really, what’s his/her secret? listens in and takes notes for next BOC in a woot-off

WOOT!

Considering I paid 100 clams for my first bluetooth headset for my Treo, this is such a buy! Gonna keep it as a spare if DH doesn’t grab it first for his BB.

Does this happen to use that tiny USB connector, common as a power connector on many cell phones these days?

I have to agree here. I’ve owned 3 different Mustek items (2 I purchased and 1 as a gift) and all 3 were pure crap. Worked OK for a while (and I mean 6 months maximum) then started acting up and finally didn’t work at all. The Mustek brand isn’t to be trusted IMNSHO… :slight_smile:

Thanks for finding the review, looks awful according to the official review and the one user opinion. Too bad.