Mustek MDC500 5.0MP Digital Camera

LOL i was just about to post the same thing, unless this is a nano cam. what sucks is i needto know the weight, iwant to put it on a rc plane.

still a good deal for a point and shoot. if its here in the morning i might be in for one as a toss in glove box camera.

it was an hsn brand, they use to sell on tv. they use cheap plastic and parts.

The Manufacturer’s Web site lists the weight as 0.18lbs / 0.8g

Source:
Mustek.com link
(Click the “Specifications” tab)

In for one. Decent Xmas present for a house ape that keeps trying to use our good camera.

0.18 LB = 81.65g

i have this exact camera except its sold by an even more obscure company, gold lantern. i got it at fry’s for 60$ like 4 months ago. it does feel pretty cheap (light) and its design is strange in some ways, but it definitely works and its great to have a cheap camera that takes pretty good pics, and you dont have to be afraid to break. i plan to bring it on snowboarding trips and such with no worries.

I can’t wait for Woot to eat crow when none of the candidates Woot lampooned are elected President.

MIKE HUCKABEE '08 BABY!!!

would buy one… but just bought a cybershot… :confused:

Yee-haw!

Perfect item for my whiney 13 yr. old daughter who “borrows” my good digital cameras and gripes about how they suck. (They don’t do videos, batteries suck, etc. ) Also great for the 9 yr. old who has to search her room for her head every morning. I’m in for 3.

Well, I have a 6 year old who has been telling me all the things he could do if he had a camera. So I am in for one. At $45 how can you go wrong when the Spiderman/kiddo cameras are only 640x480 resolution and about the same price? Hell, at least with this if he happens to get a good shot, you can actually use it/print it off. I declare this a worthy Woot - even if only for kiddos for Christmas!

Those thinking of buying this and throwing it in the glove compartment…

I’m not sure the battery will hold a charge that long. Anyone know for sure? I was under the impression Li-ion batteries will naturally deplete over time.

Lithium batteries will hold their charge longer than nicads and nimh batteries… Something like 90 % after 6 months at room temp. But when they get cold their chemistry causes them to have, like, 0 power available… but if you warm them up, they will work again…
In any situation, for longterm storage, I would keep away from rechargables all together and get something that uses dry cell (disposeable) batteries.

Not sure about the camera quality but my last Mustek sellout woot was the bluetooth handsfree and it, along with most of the others based on comments in the blog, arrived DOA. Still waiting for my refurbed warranty replacement. Consider this money gambled.

Still happy with my Olympus 6.1

Mustek is a printer/scanner manufacturer.

I’m in for 1. Just lookin for something small, easy to use and not so expensive that it really hurts when my 11yr old nephew looses or breaks it. BTW I must be lucky… I see all the comments about the Mustek bluetooth DOA. I bought Mustek MBT-H120 Bluetooth Headset. It arrived and charged up no prob. I have been using it at least a couple of times a day since it arrived. The only thing that bugged me was for the first charge you had to leave it plugged in charging for 24hrs.
Your mileage may vary
~~Jinx

Generally, Mustek items are cheap junk. But, this one has some decent user reviews on Amazon (Amazon MDC500 Link))

Finally, bonus, no moving parts and a rechargeable battery! I’m in for 1 for Christmas for the 4-year old.

In for 1. A Birthday/Christmas gift for my 9 yr old. This unit has gotten good reviews.

Worth a try…

Perfect for my hubby to keep in his gear at the firehouse. I won’t be afraid if it melts or breaks or anything!