My Upside Down Life

So we’re all on the same page…

Ah, fond memories… :smiley:

ok - I expect cool geek shirts here - but woooh - I grew up in west Philly - are there really enough wootaholics from the Main Line to support a t-shirt - isn’t it allBrooks Brothers and Bailey, Banks and Biddle? Enjoyed the chuckle from my past - still deciding if I want to wear it in my future. But thanks for the memories!

I call on shirt woot artists to produce more TV theme song related shirts.

I for one can’t wait for the A-Team.

Duh, Duh Duh Duh…Duh Duh Duh.

Great design. It makes me want to get up and do the Carlton:

The Carlton Dance

I had to buy 2, one for wearing, and one for safe keeping.

I raise your Carlton Dance with Will the Thrill & Boogaloo Shrimp!

[youtube=LMkJuDVJdTw][/youtube]

Next, on a very special episode of “Bluejester Remembers”

My younger sister use to watch this show all the time as a kid. Then some one gave her the DVDs while she was in college, and I had to endure–I mean listen to–that song all over again.

Ah, memories…

The burns on Carlton were always the best part. Poor Carlton…

“Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
me and jazz are black,
Carlton… what are you?”
-Will

Awesome idea. Although I wish they had poster of this instead of a shirt. I’d put it by my desk and sing the theme song to avoid homework.

Little-known fact, in Latin America the Spanish dub version of the show was also popular. Click for the Spanish song… - YouTube

Ok, here’s the actual full opening credits. Not just the theme song over a still.

[youtube=hBe0VCso0qs][/youtube]

And Holy Crap! This opening is nearly 2 minutes long. Hilarious. Networks don’t give anyone that kinda time anymore. Some shows don’t even play a theme song at the beginning. Just a cold opening. Network’s squeeze as much ad space now as possible. Aaah, makes me miss the good ole days. On a playground where I spent… oh never mind! :slight_smile:

Someone needs to come up with a clever Carlton Tom Jones “It’s Not Unusual Shirt”.

Love the shirt, btw. Thanks for creating it. It really brought a smile to my face. It’s 2am here, so I’m gonna chill out, max n relaxin’ all cool. Darn. How am I gonna sleep tonight with this song stuck in my head? I know, I’ll just distract myself and sing, 'It’s a Small World"! Brilliant!

Yes, I want this! Yes, I can sing / rap the theme song, even after all these years.

But, no, I don’t like the current T’s and need the American Apparel shirts to come back. Aaaargh… Why, Woot, Whhhhhy?

I feel your pain. I love myself some 1990’s pop culture references (anything with Fresh Prince or Saved by the Bell especially), but can’t stand the Anvil Ts. Oh well.

Throw this on a nice long sleeve shirt or hoodie and things will change (hoodie especially!) but for now I’m passing.

How can “maxing” be translated into apricot(杏)? LMAO

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute just sit right there
I’ll tell you how I become the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In West Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground is where I spent most of my days
Chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool and all shootin’ some b-ball outside of the school
when a couple of guys who were up to no good
started makin’ trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom scared and said you’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air

(Extended)
{I begged and pleaded with her day after day but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She give me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket put my walkman on and said I might as well kick it

First class yo this is bad drinkin’ orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of Bel-Air live like hmmm this might be all right
but wait I hear they’re prissy and all that
is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat
I don’t think so I’ll see when I get there I hope they’re prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well uh the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude looked like a cop standin’ there with my name out
I ain’t tryin’ to get arrested yet I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightening disappeared}

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
if anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought man forget it yo homes to Bel-Air

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie yo homes smell ya later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

Google Translate (Chinese–Traditional; 繁體中文):

現在,這是一個故事,所有關於我的生活得到了翻轉天翻地覆
只是坐在那裡,我想花一分鐘
我會告訴你我是如何成為王子的一個小鎮名為貝沙灣

在西費城出生和長大
在操場上我在那裡度過我的天
放開地玩,馬辛“鬆弛素”所有的冷靜和所有的射擊部分B球外的學校
當一對夫婦的傢伙誰是沒有好
在我家附近開始造麻煩
在一個小打我​​和我媽嚇壞了,說你是居無定所的阿姨和叔叔在貝沙灣

我懇求,懇求她一天又一天,但她收拾我的行李箱,送我上我的方式
她給了我一個吻,然後她給了我把我的隨身聽上我的票,說我可能踢它

一流的喲,這是壞邊喝邊橙汁一杯香檳
這是什麼Bel-Air的人活得像嗯,這可能是所有權利
但等待我聽說他們是神經質的,所有的
這種類型的地方是,他們應該發送這個很酷的貓
我不這麼認為,我會看到當我到達那裡的時候,我希望他們準備的王子貝沙灣

好呵飛機降落後,當我出來的時候
有一個傢伙看起來像一個警察站在那裡,我的名字
我不會試著去被逮捕,我剛到這裡
我竄出的速度像閃電消失
,我吹罰了一輛出租車,當它來到附近的車牌說新鮮和鏡中的骰子
如果有什麼我可以說,這出租車是罕見的,但我想人忘掉它喲家園貝沙灣

我把車停到房子大約7或8,我聞遐後,大聲向出租車司機喲家
看著我的王國,我終於坐在寶座上的王子貝沙灣

Will actually died in the fight on the basketball court in West Philly.
The taxi driver is actually God, who drives a “rare” cab. He takes Will to heaven, where he works out all his issues with his wealthy Aunt and Uncle.
Will only sees his mother and father on special occasions, because that’s when they come to visit his grave.

I wish they came in onesies. I sing this to my 4 month old because I only know fantastic Tv theme songs… So much more insightful than twinkle twinkle, too

I wish it wasn’t on slate. White would be great for this :-\