MyPillow Classic Standard Size Pillow

MyPillow Classic Standard Size Pillow

I know these pillows can get some sharply divided opinions. Although I have one and like it, I can see both sides. Is it a decent pillow? I think so. Is it capable of curing all the ills known to humankind? Probably not. The chunky foam fill may be an acquired taste, but it didn’t take too long to get used to. I will say, contrary to the commercials, that it doesn’t hold the height I fluff it to the desired height before going to bed. The weight of the head eventually forces the foam to the sides, so I discount those claims that it holds its shape to support your head. Nonetheless, I find it more comfortable than down, polyester fill, or the tempurpedic style pillows. The main question I still have is whether the cost is justifiable. For those people who do find a degree of relief from pain or sleepless nights, it may be worth the price.

6 Likes

Good morning

Please keep your posts focused on the pillows only.

Political views aren’t appropriate in this discussion. Feel free to head over to Everything But Woot for that, if you must.

I’ve deleted a bunch of posts and I will continue to do so.

Enjoy your day.

9 Likes

I have a My Pillow and love it. It may not please everyone but I like the fact that the foam doesn’t shift around. I used to have a hotel pillow but the My Pillow is by far the most comfortable. Wish Woot had the King size available so I can order a few more.

I am a very particular sleeper. I had been using a mem foam pillow for years, but I had a my pillow on the opposite side of the bed. One night I must have been tossing and turning and I found that I had glomned onto the MyPillow and tossed my mem foam pillow off to the side. I remember thinking, this is not bad and have been exclusively using the MyPillow for the last 6 months. Subjectively, it does not seem that I am waking as often and a right shoulder ache has pretty much gone away. So for the coin that woot is asking, I’ll say you can pay more for less at Walmart. Go for it. And I agree with Thunder on deleting political posts, we should be able to have momentary respite from the rancor.

2 Likes

We both have one (about 3 yrs old now). They permanently live in the closet they are so uncomfortable and HOT! Foam doesn’t breathe and it’s a big issue when your pillow makes you warmer. Spend your hard earned cash on a better company/product.

4 Likes

I’m thinking lawsuits against the company and founder aren’t political:

" Why did My Pillow get in trouble?

Lawsuits and settlement. In April 2016, a class action lawsuit was proposed for the pillows being falsely advertised, among the complaints being that Lindell is marketed as a “Sleep Expert,” despite having no board certification or special training in sleep medicine."

14 Likes

For many years I have used buckwheat hull filled pillows. I buy the hulls in bulk, and fill my own. Every 5 or 6 years I change the hulls out, and put the old ones in my planting beds for compost. Most comfortable pillows I have ever found. They don’t compress, stay cool, are non-allergenic, and last for years. Quite a heavy pillow, but when you put your arm under, it doesn’t get squeezed, because of the way the hulls hold their position. I even have 2 smaller ones I take with me for travel by car to resorts or timeshares.

4 Likes

Everyone is different I personally like the pillow because I can wash it frequently. I have never found it to be hot. I like the soft, the medium and firm are to firm for me personally. But I love that I can wash it and it comes out brand new looking.

Despite all the haters for whatever reason, I actually find the pillow more comfortable than the pillows I’ve purchased in the stores. Do to a car wreck in 2015 I ended up with my neck fused from C2 through to T1. I’ve tried many other pillow styles like the buckwheat style, a bamboo, tempurepedic foam type, you name it. It feels like I’ve spent a small fortune on something as stupid as a pillow. Although none are the magic pill for my problem I did find the medium filled mypillow to be my overall favorite. I have given different family members tons of pillows to have if they liked any of them, I guess at least they weren’t a total waste of money then. At this price the pillow is very reasonable, and I’ve paid a lot more at stores and even more for specialty pillows. I’m going to pick up probably two more at this price so I have a spare for when I’m washing the other and one for my lake house.

1 Like

Actually the common polyurethane foam is open cell and it is breathable. Memory foam and latex are not breathable and are closed cell.
But of course this is made of “patented interlocking fill” whatever the hell that is. I could be old ground up beetle or bug shells.

2 Likes

I was considering this and my roomie recommended I check out their BBB rating before I click buy. Turns out they’ve got a BBB rating of “F” for a lot of reasons; the company fails to address customer complaints due to wildly varying quality from piece to piece and fails to address the underlying causes of customer complaints.
Given the implications about the “You roll your dice you move your mice” nature of the quality of these pillows, I’m not ready to throw down on this product.

5 Likes

That was going to be my entertainment for the day. Damn.

2 Likes

You’ll have to wait until she writes her book.

2 Likes

I missed it too and I was up at 7:30.

1 Like

You could go to the sale announcement on Twitter. Last I checked they were still out there.

1 Like

Oh the new thread is entertaining enough.

1 Like

I don’t have any experience with the standard My Pillow but a couple of years ago I bought two premium firm My Pillows from Woot. I was unimpressed. The pillow really isn’t firm and the foam doesn’t keep your head from sinking into it. I use it UNDER a memory foam pillow. Yes, I use it but I could use any other pillow under the memory foam pillow and they would work just as well. Certainly not worth the money in my opinion.

I was on at 6:00am and things were going pretty well then. :smile:

1 Like

We got our king size My Pillows a few years ago. The first ones were too soft. We exchanged them and very happy with the result. Just fluff a little and settle your head on a heavenly cloud. Definitely a life upgrade. The sheets are great too. Being adverse to warm temperatures for sleeping, we found the My Pillow products excellent.

1 Like