MyPillow Corded Classic Pillow - Pick Size, Style

MyPillow Corded Classic Pillow - Pick Size, Style

I don’t often comment on deals but for this one, I feel I must.

I had airline points that had to be used or lost a little over a year ago so I used the points to get a My Pillow. King size, firm.

After 6 months of using it (I don’t know why I even used it that long), I finally had to give it up due to severe neck and back of head pain. Even though mine was a firm, it was FAR from being firm. The memory foam pieces inside the pillow move around and what happens is while you are sleeping, your head keeps sinking lower and lower into the pillow while all the foam pieces move to the outside of the pillow. After a while your head is so low into the pillow, it is nearly flat on the mattress and not supported by the pillow.

I cannot believe this guy continues to sell these things with all the poor reviews out there. Please, keep away from this deal, this pillow and anything else they make.

4 Likes

Could this be a knock off? The My Pillow I have now has two cords around the edge. Photo is only showing 1.

I’ve had the opposite results. I love the pillow. I can pound it, reshape it, and it still fluffs back up with a couple shakes. I’m a side sleeper so I got the firm per their recommend. I’ve recommended it to people.

1 Like

Man, why won’t you sell the cordless version? I wanna take it camping.

8 Likes

Most uncomfortable pillow I have ever owned. I threw it in the trash after a month.

1 Like

Same here. And it also made a rustling sound as the stuffing was moving around my head all night. Ugh.

2 Likes

I agree. Absolute junk. Do not waste your money.

1 Like

Best deal I’ve seen on these pillows without buying two at a time.
I’ve spent upwards of $100 on pillows in the past, so $25 isn’t a huge investment to try one. This guy (the owner) used to be a drug addict in Detroit. His story is pretty interesting.

I got 2 sets of 2 of these last year. A set for us and 2 for xmas gifts. We absolutely love them still. Both me and the wife use feather pillows underneath them. I’m not sure if that makes a difference.

There are different styles of My Pillow. Not a knock off.

Hey all. I’m deleting any political posts as they don’t belong in product discussions. Feel free to move the discussion to Everything Buy Woot.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

The last time Woot listed these it motivated me to do more research. After reading through many Google reviews I concluded that this brand has a lot of marketing but also a lot of unhappy customers.

My old pillow was 20+ years old and about as flat as a couple of large pancakes. I had gotten used to it. The My Pillow research resulted in me finding a highly recommended pillow on Amazon that I bought. It initially felt like sleeping with about 5 of my old pillows under my head but I removed some of the stuffing and am slowly getting used to it.

1 Like

I think pillows are much like beds, what one person thinks as the best pillow/bed in the world, the next will think as the worst.

For the last 20 years or so I prefer a pillow that is like next to nothing, flattened out down but one I can scrunch up to be more lofty. I used to be a side sleeper with my arm up under the pillow.

This last year I have turned into a back sleeper but not by choice. I have a shoulder injury (torn rotator cuff turned into frozen shoulder) that with PT is slowly getting better, but I can not sleep on that side. The other side sometimes hurts my hip, bursitis…getting old sucks.

Now that I sleep on my back I am finding my pillow too flat and preferring a loftier one.

So…long story short. Don’t take advice on pillows. The only way to truly know is to try it yourself.

4 Likes

I got 2 of these for a Christmas present ( I asked for them) last year. Much better than my old cheap pillows that I had. I had done some research and liked the fact that these are washable and are made in the US. I like the extra support. If I had a spare bed set up, I would probably buy this offer.

1 Like

I would check the BBB rating of this company! My mother in law got sucked in by this company & they are the worst pillows ever! Deceptive business at the least & you have to pay for warranty service to send them back.

1 Like

Memory foam is simply marketing nonsense. Want a firm pillow, that lasts? Get one filled with buckwheat hulls. I have used them for a couple of decades now, and they are amazing. You can refill after maybe 5-6 years.

101% agree. Beds,pillows, women, ect.
Everyone’s preference is different. A few yrs back we switched our mattress out. Oh my gosh what were we sleeping on rocks. Tried to convince my old man to buy a new mattress. With no luck he sais he still loves his reversible spring mattress that he has placed plywood under it for the last 15 yrs.

1 Like

MyPillow is not memory foam… it’s pieces of foam of varying fill levels. not saying it’s not a marketing thing, just that your description of the pillows is incorrect.