4 Likes

I swear they should call it the hoodwinked Chromebook

Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

6 Likes

Expeliarmis!

1 Like

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

1 Like

At $50 I’d be willing to bet there either near the end of life or at the end of life. I wonder if these kind of deals could be an interesting option for third party repair shops that just want parts.

3 Likes

Under $50, why care if end of life. Throwing this in the camper just to use when I need a computer.

2 Likes

Why are people buying E-Waste?

7 Likes

Woots supplier can’t even give those CBs away. Bricks at Lowes have the same value. But they are good for something. I think. Maybe. Ok. Yeah-that!

1 Like

Can anybody recommend what system requirements I should be looking for if I need a Chromebook for updating word docs and occasional video conferencing?

1 Like

I’m only here for the comments
southpark popcorn

8 Likes

Make great expensive pavers.

2 Likes

This again?
Come On Please GIF by NBA

2 Likes

I’m shopping for a chromebook, but don’t want a tiny screen. Can’t take a chance on getting an 11" or 13"… need bigger.

1 Like

Hey! You! Do you want to subsidize the cost of e-waste recycling? Buy one of these!

• How long will it be supported? Who knows?
  • What kind of specs will it have? Shut up!
  • Can you install Linux on it? What are you, some kind of nerd???

They shouldn’t limit these to 3 per customer – you should be able to buy as much disappointment as you want, and for $50 a pop, that’s pretty cost-effective. You can make a lot of people unhappy at that rate!

3 Likes

Meh, I’m game. It’s a cheap way to learn the Haiku OS.

Opt for at least an Intel i3 processor with 16GB of RAM. While there were reports of AMD processors experiencing high CPU utilization with Zoom in the past, these issues have largely been addressed through software updates from both AMD and Zoom. It’s always a good idea to ensure you have the latest software versions to avoid any potential issues.

You might get away with one of the Chromebooks in this offer, but you would need to upgrade the RAM to 16GB to be safe. The laptops in this offer will come with 4GB RAM and will be underpowered for what you are asking.

If you don’t have a strong preference for Chrome OS, consider a Windows device for better performance. While Chromebooks are optimized for web applications, they can still handle more demanding tasks, especially with higher-end configurations like an Intel i5 processor and 16GB of RAM. They may not be as powerful as some Windows devices, but they can still offer good performance for many users’ needs, at around the same cost as a Windows device. Again, it comes down to preference.

1 Like

So it doesn’t go to waste…?

1 Like

I thought the whole purpose of camping was to get AWAY from technology and the rat race.