nabi 2S 7" Kid-Friendly Android Tablet

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/dd455ff0-4687-4507-abe9-4211dd2d35c3.jpg

nabi 2S 7" Kid-Friendly Android Tablet
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Monday, May 11 to Thursday, May 14) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://computers.woot.com/offers/nabi-2s-7-kid-friendly-android-tablet) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=nabi 2S 7" Kid-Friendly Android Tablet) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=nabi 2S 7" Kid-Friendly Android Tablet)

4 Stars over at ToysRUs

Pretty good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com and need support? Check out the Nabi 2s support page

This is definitely a steal. I bought the Nabi 2 from here back in late 2012 for my daughter and it was a good price at $129. Once Nabi allowed to use the Google Store it made this tablet very worthwhile. The OTA updates are easy to run and the parental controls allow for you to keep your kids away from certain content. At almost 3 years old it still works well as she was watching Hulu on it this morning as I left for the office. Now it is time to get her brother one!!!

We have 2 nabi tablets (paid $179 2 years ago). One is a Nabi2 and the other is the 2s which we just got as a warranty replacement. My kids love them and use them daily, however I haven’t been all that impressed with them. One has been replaced twice and the other is on replacement #3. The issues have included the sound not working, the screen going crazy with lines everywhere and the wifi not working (unable to turn it on). All issues happened very randomly.

The UI is ok, but rather annoying to me. In the latest version there are apps installed that you can’t get rid of, however when you try to play them you get a message that the game isn’t available yet. The kids don’t really understand that and always try to play those games and then get mad when they don’t work. I also don’t like that you can’t remove their subscription based apps either. Our older Nabi is rooted so we were able to remove all of that and I’m not updating that one since we don’t really like the new UI. I haven’t gotten around to trying to root the 2s yet.

The only other thing that bugs me is the charger. They changed the charging port on the 2s, but it still takes their proprietary cord and not any old mini USB cable. When we travel we always have to make sure we bring the chargers along since the ones we leave in the car for phones won’t work.

The one thing I will give them credit for is customer service. They have always been very responsive and helpful, and have even gone above and beyond expectations to rectify the issues we had. I’m still undecided if I would buy again, though. My kids are 5 and 3 and both handle our regular Android tablet well, so I’d probably just go for a cheaper “real” tablet if I had to do it over again.

What’s the main difference between this and the regular Nabi 2?

We’ve had a Nabi 2 for a couple years now. It’s not bad, but has a lot of shortcomings. You can’t put a lot of stuff on it as it has very limited space. They come out with updates for it, but I can’t even install them, as there is no space to download the update without basically uninstalling the majority of the programs I have installed. It has an SD card, but there has never been an option to move programs to the SD card. Does the 2S resolve these issues at all?

Storage space is definitely a challenge on the Nabi 2. I have an 8 year old who is getting into more advanced games (for example, Lego games), and we’re constantly hitting the wall and needing to uninstall older ones.

Unfortunately, the SD card slot is just about useless, as the operating system doesn’t allow you to move games to the SD card.

This is the 16GB model, the former ones were only 8GB so you will have more storage for advanced games. I have ran into the same problem with the 8GB on storage but I don’t do app overload on it. Here’s a video review I did of this a few years back.
[youtube=d1isTjIpWDQ][/youtube]

I’ve owned one of these and was recently informed that I’m a part of Fuhu’s (Nabi’s parent company) class action case because they don’t support the product. They shipped with faulty power adapters. Just know you’re on your own if things go wrong with this one.

My charger went bad about 8 months after opening and we never got it fixed even after numerous support requests to Fuhu.

For those having power adapter issues (broken charging port) with the Nabi 2, it is not difficult to attach a Galaxy wireless charging adapter to where the battery leads attach to the main board. The then 4.5yo child who was using it could get it lined up on the charging pad himself once I had that set up. Charging is a bit slower than with the direct cable, but overall this setup has been much, much easier for everyone.

Why would you buy this when you could have this for $100 (after promo code)and free shipping?
DELL Venue 8 v8TBL-3334BLK Intel Atom 1 GB LPDDR3 Memory 16 GB eMMC 8.0" FHD Touchscreen Tablet Android 4.4 (KitKat)
8" screen,1920x1200 display, Atom Z3480, IPS screen, new- 1yr warranty. Do your kid a favor get him a decent tablet for $100.

review: http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/tablets/dell-venue-8-2014

I got this for my daughters third birthday in January. She loves it and uses it constantly. I do like that you can download from the Google Play store.

Last time this was posted I noted how Fuhu customer service denied a warranty claim, called me a liar, and told me to go to the hardware store for replacement parts. Woot deleted it. As I think they will do here as well. It is a good kids tablet. It’s a little slow after the latest update, but hope that it doesn’t break.

Greetings!

My name is Tyler with the nabi cares team. We absolutely stand behind all of our products and want to do everything we can to get your nabi back up and running as quickly as possible. Please reach out to me directly at nabishop@nabicares.com with your contact information, and I’ll be more than happy to help you out!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Tyler
nabi cares Team

Hi mlwozniak!

Thank you for taking the time to post today. It is really nice to hear that your kids love their nabi. :slight_smile:

We understand how frustrating it can be for your little ones when they are not able to access a game (mainly because as kids-at-heart, we really like playing tablet games ourselves!). These apps are still being developed and will be available soon. We promise they will be awesome and worth the wait!

Our nabi connector charger has been designed to be much more durable than a typical micro USB cable so it can withstand the rough-and-tumble usage from little ones. The reason nabi uses a proprietary charging cable is to make sure that you get the best possible charge. It was designed specifically for our tablet to charge it faster and more efficiently. Our cables are compatible with any standard usb adapter, so you can charge up on your trips. I know that for my phone, I like to keep one charger at home, one in my car, and one at work, so I can always keep my phone charged. It sounds like you’re looking for a similar system, so you might want to check out our nabi Shop website, where you can gather some additional chargers to leave in conspicuous places–never leave a nabi uncharged again!

We here at nabi Cares pride ourselves on helping our community members, so we do whatever we can to assist you. If you ever need support, please give us a ring at 855-275-6224.

Have an awesome day and safe travels!

Efrain
nabi Cares team

Hi Jeraden!

Thank you for reaching out to us today, my name is Efrain with the nabi Cares team. We understand it can be frustrating when you do not have enough space on your tablet, but have no fear, nabi cares is here!

The biggest difference between the nabi 2 and 2S is that the nabi 2S is much more awesome. The 2S has double the storage space at 16GB. It also has a faster processor and highly efficient battery.

In order to free up some space on your nabi 2 for our updates, you can try sitting with your child and deleting any apps they do not use–they’re sure to know which are the fun ones and which ones they really don’t grab their attention! Once you finish installing the updates, the OS will be replaced, so you’ll get to keep all of the gigs of space you cleared.

The SD card is also useful for creating space and storing videos, pictures and music files. Please feel free to reach out to us at nabishop@nabicares.com and we can provide step by step instructions on how to transfer files to an SD card.

Thank you for posting today and happy wooting!

Kind regards,
Efrain
nabi Cares team

Hi wienerdogs!

Thank you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear that your first experience with us was less than amazing, but we are here to make you happy. We’d love to speak with you again to resolve your nabi concerns. Please contact us directly at nabishop@nabicares.com and we will work with you to find a solution that works for you.

Thanks for stopping by and we look forward to helping you!

Sincerely,
Efrain
nabi Cares team

You guys didn’t want to help me the last two times, but I’ll try again.