nabi Square HD Rugged 1080p Action Camcorder

Will this mount to a hockey helmet without having to stick something onto the helmet? I want to be able to attach and unattach from several helmets without damaging the helmets.

Bought one of these at the last sale. Camera, or more likely the battery, didn’t work at all. It only functioned when plugged in. Took a while for support, had to ship the whole thing back to them, and I’m still waiting for my replacement. Not too pleased.

Bought one for my son last time it was on Woot. He was looking at a GoPro but decided to go with the nabi because of the price.

At first we tried GoPro mounts, and they didn’t fit. We then switched to 1/4" thread mounts and found that they are much cheaper and easier to find. He is now having a great time recording himself running, jumping in pools, unicycling and riding bikes. We’re headed to an amusement park today and he might take it along.

He has been happy with the purchase.

Does this come with editing software?

http://fcdn.mtbr.com/attachments/apparel-protection/615916d1306268722-helmet-mount-digital-camera-duct-tape-zip-ties.jpg

Bought one last time and it works pretty well especially for the price. Only problem is extremely low volume on play back even with it turned up all the way on the camera and the TV. Anyone else having this problem?

I thought that this was a re-brand of the Swann helmet cam that has been on Woot in the past: http://www.swann.com/us/swvid-sportl
I have the Swann, and have been pretty happy with it. However, the LCD “backpack” does not fit inside the waterproof case.

If you are serious about the case for this fitting the LCD, I may just get another one…

For those people asking about sound, don’t expect much if it’s in the case. Outside the case, the sound is decent.

I bought one last time woot sold them as a replacement for a Pyle GearPro camera. The video quality is much better with the Nabi. I use it mainly to record my hockey games as a net cam.

I had to edit this video so the quality isn’t as good as the actual mov file, but the field of view is pretty wide.

[youtube=JS5K6wXlTvc][/youtube]

Bought one last sale as well.
I haven’t used it yet, but ordered the Aquapod dive stick for it. I will be using it all weekend this weekend. I wished I had a chance to use it diving already as I would strongly consider picking up a second based on the little that I used it around the office already. I’ll be ordering a speargun mount for it as well this weekend.

I was actually really impressed with the packaging it came in. I was expecting something else, and what arrived was this really nicely setup display box, with a hard plastic shell (which I pulled out and dumped the contents of the package in for storage now). Good stuff so far.

I’m happy to see all the excellent comments on here from the last batch that was sold and some of the test videos are really helpful. I hope people keep them coming!

I bought one here in July, and it was shipped very quickly. Unfortunately, it did not recognize the included flash card. I called Nabi support, and they were very nice and quickly emailed me a shipping label. They said that they would send me a new complete package, but I still have not gotten anything from them. People who order this will probably get a camera before I do.

If you want to use GoPro mounts, you’ll need this adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DC23U6O/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1

Anybody have a link to the manual?

or

Does this camera have a setting to record upside-down? Like under a quad copter.

I took mine diving last weekend and it worked great! I bought two of these the first go around and just bought 3 more for other family members.

I bought one last time around and am impressed with the video.

Two issues i had…

1. It is not gopro mount compatible. Its almost compatible but off just enough to be a pain in the butt. I also ended up breaking the clip that screws into the waterproof case when i tried to connect it to an existing gopro mount i had.

2. The audio pick up was low. I used its mtn biking with and without the waterproof case. Even without the case, its barely picked up conversation.

Anybody have any report on how long the battery actually lasts?

I was wondering if anyone knows what the operating temperatures are for this camera. I do an extreme adventure in Canada every winter. At night, it is not unusual for the temperature to get down to -20 F. At that temperature my Cannon camera just stops. Warming up the camera inside my jacket can give me a few minutes run time, but it is a major pain. I don’t have any extreme cameras, e.g. Go Pro, so have no idea if they will run in extreme cold.

I bought a TV on this site and I received it as damaged. There is no way to contact the customer service directly, its just sending an email to their support inbox. Its been three days and no one has replied yet, which on a direct call to customer service representative would have taken no more than 15 minutes. Kind of frustrating, since the trust for an online retailer begins with having a good customer support. I guess I am losing trust with this retailer…

In for one. Read a bunch of reviews and for the most part, this thing is high-rated, especially for this price. I bought it to record first-person views while wakeboarding and tubing on the lake. Can’t wait to get it and try it out!!

Sorry about the delay. CS is working to catch up. I’ll add you to my afternoon report so CS can look into it.

Maybe you should tighten it then…

Jokes aside, I’ve had to use customer support a couple of times, and they’ve been just fine. Sure they’ll get back with your or try contacting them again.