Nanda Clocky Mobile Alarm Clock

I got one off of Woot earlier, and haven’t regretted it one bit. It does exactly what it should, and hasn’t yet failed to get me up and out of bed at the set time. Even their choice of alarm sound is superb. It’s exceptionally hard to ignore. As others have said, it sounds like R2-D2 on some kind of strong stimulant.

Anyway, if you’re like me, a deep sleeper who tends to have trouble waking reliably to an alarm clock, this provides an excellent fix.

“Can jump from a height of up to 3 feet”

Not to nitpick, but falling isn’t jumping. Also, it can fall from ANY height. Gravity doesn’t vanish at three feet.

It’s a really neat alarm clock, but my wheels broke after a year or so. It’s still really annoying and wakes me up unlike most of my other alarm clocks.

This thing was on an episode of FlashForward. It’s owner got shot in the abdomen. Bad juju.

The noise… it gives me nightmares.

Like everyone else said, it sounds like R2-D2 being strangled. Highly effective and very difficult to shut out. Unfortunately its run pattern is fairly random and will sometimes run TOWARDS you rather than away. On those days you make end up sleeping in…

Clocky is a concussion waiting to happen. I know the wheel movement is supposedly randomized, but that little bastard always seems to head under the bed! So I groggily let myself snooze that second time and end up army crawling under the boxspring to retrieve a squealing, moving target.

I don’t seem to learn.

Hilariously, I tweeted about the dangers of Clocky - and the manufacturer retweeted me. Only they edited down my tweets to remove any mention of the scrapes and concussions I’d suffered, which pretty much edited my tweets to the single word “Clocky.” :\

Uh! Some people! :slight_smile:

I do that too. It CAN be effective-- unless you go grab it and hop back in bed with it… I really hate the sounds this alarm makes. I wish it were just regular beeping instead of the obnoxious random noises. But then again I guess it’s the point to hate those sounds… Shrug. I still use it every morning.

Friends bought one for me after we had a good laugh about them, and the fact that I have issues with mornings. They got me the chrome one as a birthday present, and it was WAY more than this Woot price. I love it, and what people are saying about the random noise is right, I tend to get used to alarm clocks and sleep right through, but Clocky is so all over the map with it’s noises, you can’t get “used” to it. I’m bad about leaving him on the corner of the bed, and snoozing him over and over and over, but if you leave him out of reach a little ways across the room, he’ll DEFINITELY wake you up.

In for one… Always wanted one of these, but when they first came out they were like $100 or something… this is a nice price.

I think the target audience that most likely would benefit from this, lazy teenagers, have an unexpected consequential defense mechanism against Clocky: Clothes strewn bedroom floors (the norm for many teenagers) traps poor Clocky so it’s easy prey for quick capture.

edit to: “Can survive a fall from 3 feet.”

this is a perfect candidate for defenestration.

Will Clocky survive multiple falls from a top bunk? I might get one for my 6-year-old just for the entertainment value. But he’ll keep it up in his bunk bed and will knock it down most nights.

Thank you Helen, for the word of the day.

Very cool clock, I wish they had other colors like the youtube videos show, anyone know where to get them?

Perhaps three feet is its limit to break after a fall –

never mind… saw the edit, my bad.

I have been following Clocky’s product development since it first appeared years ago! I am so excited to finally be able to afford it!

Hey! Have you been looking in my room?

That would be perfect for me. Ever since I slept in a basement in rural michigan during a power outage, I haven’t been able to sleep with lights in my room. I had to remove my old clock because it was too bright.