Nanoblock Sets: Say Nan-YES!

I have the Statue of Liberty one. It takes a bit to put together but the instructions are good. Tiny pieces!

Looks good on my desk.

Nanoblock Easter Island is $10 shipped at Amazon… come on woot what has become of you lately… tisk tisk

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FP42T0

I would pass. Contrary to what they want you to think these are not as well made a Legos. They don’t fit as well together. Stick to legos.

I didn’t have any problems with them. They’re tiny little things but they interlocked well.

OK, I’ve been a LEGO aficionado, since the late 50’s. (About 5 months after the current version was finally developed.) These are every bit as good as LEGO bricks, EXCEPT for the TINY size. Period!

I can NOT assemble a Nanoblock set, without my 3+ reading glasses on my nose. LEGOs, I can do bare eyed.

That being said, I’m looking at the Empire State Building, and a couple more.

steve

I have the Neuschwanstein Castle and a space shuttle set from Nanoblocks. I had to modify the space shuttle because the boosters would fall apart on their own and and the tower comes apart whenever it is moved. The castle is solid though.

I agree with the original poster they don’t lock together as well as legos do. Personally wouldn’t trust the Tower of Pisa or the Taj Mahal outer structures not to topple over at the lightest touch.

I’m waiting for the Woot to have the P-51 Mustang. Woot needs to add new sets instead of advertising the same ones.

I have both the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Taj Mahal ones. Both are quite solid. The Pisa one is surprisingly so, but it’s because it essentially leans into the constructed base, so it really can’t go anywhere.

The Easter Island one is probably the most fragile one I’ve built out of the ones here because where the heads meet their “stands” is fairly unstable to the touch.

Nanoblocks really are quite solid unless they’re a really fragile structure. I find if you really push down on them to even out the blocks, they don’t flex very much at all. All in all, I’ve done the Gate one here, Easter Island, Pisa, Big Ben, the Windmill, Miyajima, Himeji (non-deluxe) and the White House. Next up - the deluxe Tokyo Tower!