Napa Soap Company All Natural Soap and Lotion set

Time for a brief announcement… For those of you Wooters that give a hoot, the Brandini Toffee Kids are featured on the Food Networks Chef vs City tonight. http://tinyurl.com/2f3od3m

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Is this as good as Tyler Durden’s line of soap?

I’ve wondered that myself. I’m always at work when I get my wine delivered, so it’s not an issue, but I’m pretty sure my UPS lady doesn’t care. Followup question, who has gifted a bottle of wine from woot to their UPS or FEDEX person for being awesome?

/this guy has

Hi there, I hope I am doing this right as I’m traveling. This is Sheila from Napa Soap. I can post the full ingredients later when I am back however all ingredients are on the website on the bar soap page. We make 25 different varieties and these are two of my favorites. In short I often hear people say they cannot use drugstore varities of soap but are able to use ours. We use really good ingredients and make everything in small batches (less than 50 bars at a time). I think you will be pleased. BTW I have sensitive skin too. Thanks,
Sheila

we usually suggest using our Cocoa Loco bar for that as it has vahlrona chocolate and port wine in it :slight_smile: I would say it’s best paired with a shower!

We like to have fun with our names and have a Clean-o Noir and Teano Grigio among others and we call our soapmakers Soapmelliers to keep things light. My husband actually named the Cabernet soapignon bar and my kids are convinced that’s what the varietal is called!

I am pretty much a Dial guy, and like my wine without added fatty acids and saponids, but want to give this a chance, so

1. Is this kosher?

2. Will it work with my Mac?

Hmmm not an expert in the kosher arena but we don’t use any animal products in these items if that helps…as for your Mac, maybe steve jobs knows the answer to that :slight_smile:

you didn’t look close enough, they are all a play on wine varietals.

Can I be denied delivery of the current offering for being clean?

That’d be funny, sorry Mr. Ghost, we can not deliver this to you. Your too clean.

Vegan here too - thanks for doing the footwork for me! My understanding is that lye can be either animal or plant sourced. Can someone from the soapery let us know what lye source is used? Sheila? Thanks!

I have not… but I did once have a UPS guy insist on seeing my ID once! Really, the gray hair wasn’t enough to convince you I’m over 21? My usual UPS guy was always really cool, though. He’d always come up with a huge smile and say “Got another box of wine for ya!” Often following up with “Don’t have too much fun, now!”

And now I’m stuck in a state with stupid liquor laws ¶. So I guess I’ll buy some soap.

Hi there,
Lye is also known as Sodium Hydroxide which is a chemical NaOh if you want to get technical. it occurs naturally in substances such as potash (as noted by the other contributors) but ours is made synthetically. In case you are interested in the soap making process, you need an acid (oils in our case) and a base (sodium hydroxide) to blend together to create the chemical reaction called saponification (which is what transforms your blend into lathering soap). Maybe that is more info then you need! So the short answer is no animal products :). We do use buttermilk in one of our bars (not either of the ones on this offering) as well as beeswax and honey but I think most people are a-ok with those. hope that helps!

Happy Birthday WineDavid!!!

http://emoticons4u.com/party/fest30.gif

http://emoticons4u.com/party/fest30.gif

Happy Birthday to WineDavid !!!

Thanks for the reply. :slight_smile: I’m most curious about the lotion ingredients, as lotions nearly always contain preservatives.

The soaps should be okay, provided the castor oil isn’t a major component, but usually it isn’t in soaps, and I’ve used several soaps with small amounts of castor oil and no problems. I think it’s more prolonged contact with in high concentrations and only on my face - my body can take castor oil fine, and I use face wash, not soap, on my face. That’s exciting bc some of the other soaps on your website sound fabulous - the honey one, especially.

But, whenever you get a moment - I’d love to know about the lotion! The link on the website for the lotion’s ingredient list is dead. And I’d also appreciate if you could describe the scent of the lotion. The black olive makes me think it will smell savoury, and I usually like fruity smelling lotions. Is the black olive more for therapeutic purposes, or to add fragrance, or both? Is it a feminine, masculine, or unisex type of scent? Any info would be great!

Thanks again!

I’m sorry but am I the only alki wondering where the wine is? I cant believe that I found soap and not a nice 6 case of wine! GRRR FAIL!!

Happy B-day WD!

At first I was disappointed since it wasn’t cheese n cream but these are great gifts so I’m in for 3 :slight_smile:

Again … Wine is up on the Monday site.

New Wines go up on Sun/Mon and Tues/Wed, with normally non-wine items Thu/Fri.