Napoleon Mirage Grill - Your Choice

I purchased a propane Napoleon Mirage last Summer and have been thoroughly impressed with it. In doing some research prior to buying it, I believe that it is of better quality/construction than a comparably priced Weber, Ducane, etc. The burner layout provides the most even heat that I found on any grill. The sheetmetal is a thicker gauge than on comparable Webers. I also purchased the rotisserie attachment and find that the grill does an excellent job and can easily fit a 15 lb turkey.

At these prices the Sabre grills that are now being carried by Ace Hardware stores are a better choice, they include infared and regular grilling, are super heavy and made in USA. Easily equal to Weber. I also highly recommend finding a model with a side burner which is very convenient to have.

Mirage line is from China. Pass…

This would be covered under their warranty. Contact them at wecare@napoleonproducts.com and they will send you a new thermostat

I just picked up a Weber Genesis S-310 last weekend for 10% of thanks to a HD coupon. I’m hoping that is a better deal than this base model.

if you’re a rep please introduce yourself.

My advice… buy a cheap grill and expect it to fall apart. My practice though has been to buy a mid to upper-range grill and cringe when it falls apart, fixing it with replacement parts that cost nearly as much as the new grill.

The “fancy” unit I have now has lived its life protected by screened-in porch when it’s not grilling. Despite that, it looks like a wreck. So I’m in the market again, but looking this time for a disposable grill, disposably priced.

Apparently you don’t know anything about grills. Otherwise you’d know that Napoleon is essentially the Weber of Canada. Some may even argue they are far superior to Weber in many ways. So, do yourself a favor and do a bit of research before shilling for a competing brand.

MynWeber has burners front to back Many uses later, no problem.

Yeah, we had something like this for years but once I shelled out the big bucks for a Big Green Egg I wouldnt think about going back.

AGREED! I have a 14 year old “Franken-Weber” grill. I have replaced EVERY internal part on it at least 2 times. Still works, but now the ignition isn’t working. This would be replacement #3 for the ignition. The only thing that is original is the outside shell. It is the Silver Genesis model (which was pretty top-of-the-line back then) and now it is obsolete. My trigger finger is getting itchy to pull for one of these.

I’m going to hold out for a Big Green Egg. You can’t beat the flavor you get from charcoal.

My Napoleon grill is going on 13 years old and I have never had to replace a single part. Still runs good as new. Quality is stellar and their grills are built like tanks.

Bought a smaller Napoleon grille back in the late 90’s. Very expensive at the time, but high-end and a beauty. After five years, the cabinet still looked good, but the cooking grates (porcelain), stainless “flavor bars”, and burners needed to be replaced. The parts would have cost me half of what I paid for the entire grille originally. I say “would have cost me” because no one had them in stock. I sadly ended up dragging it to the curb for the scrap jackals…

After that, had a couple of cheap “disposable” grilles that were disappointing. Five years ago, I did my homework and settled on a mid-sized Weber. A big selling point was that the orange box-store had stacks of replacement parts on their shelves, at reasonable prices. Now, after those five years, the Weber still looks and performs beautifully, and the internal parts are holding up quite well.

Based on my experience with both, the Weber wins, hands down.

I am the rep for Napoleon and I can tell you that Napoleon beats all the other grills out there hands down! You get more for your money. Just do a comparison grill to grill and you will see the features you get.

This. Weber grills are built well, but the biggest advantage that they have is that you can find replacement parts just about anywhere. That is a HUGE advantage as all grills will eventually wear down.

Hands down? You’re the rep. Tell us why the grill is better than any other grill on the market.

For starters the warranty. For replacement parts it is very easy to get. Contact Napoleon and we will send you parts free of charge. More features to the grill. Lift Ease lid which is only by Napoleon makes it easy for everyone to lift, it goes back, not up which also keeps the temperature of the grill warm when you lift the lid to check on your food. Takes up less space on your deck or patio. The wave cooking grids are S shaped so you can cook small pieces of food without losing it between the grills. The sear plates are angled and stacked above the burners to protect the burners from grease sitting on them that cause corrosion. Features like condiment trays that are around the shelves so that you can put your messy sauces there and not on the shelves. Ice buckes beneath the shelves so you can store your food in it instead of running in and out of the house.
These are just a few that make us unique.

Even if I were in the market for a new grill, I’m afraid I would have to pass on this offering. For the entry price, a Weber Genesis would be a much better choice, but I have some strong opinions about grills when it comes to spending (that much of) my own money.

Construction - call me old-fashioned, but I much prefer a grill where the fire box is cast instead of made from crimped-together sheet metal - regardless of what type of metal. A cast fire box is much more rigid and will not flex and weaken over time. This is especially critical if you move your grill occasionally; but even if you never move it from it’s original spot, just the endless cycles of heating and cooling (expansion and contraction) will cause a grill made from sheet metal pieces to flex and loosen over time.

Cooking surface - my personal preference is to cook on a cast iron grill surface with a wide profile over any surface made from round bars, regardless of material or diameter. Cast iron heats evenly and a wide profile transfers heat much better. A grill made from round bars does not heat as evenly and the round surface does not provide good contact with the food to transfer heat. Yes, a grill surface made from stainless steel is much easier to clean, but once you cook on cast iron you will see the difference when cooking immediately and I’ve never looked back.

Parts - Despite its price, the one thing you can say about a Weber is that I can go to any local big-box home improvement store and get a replacement part; and if I can’t find what I need locally, their customer service is excellent and the online availability is nothing short of “vast”. This makes all the difference between repairing your grill and using it for several more years and throwing it out and buying a new one.

Cheers - Jon651

But you CAN be the mess and carcinogens you get from charcoal. Enjoy!