Nathan and Caroline's Wedding

Congrats on the wedding. Congrats to woot for still being as cool as you were when I joined and the website was purple.

2 Likes

Bill Murray Help GIF by Groundhog Day

I have a question for everyone out there watching!!!

Activities for the rehearsal dinner and reception… what worked for your event? What do you regret not doing on the big day? What has been your favorite going to others’ weddings? I think we have everything visually in place that we need, but now I’m looking for things to keep the party going aside from music. Already have the list of questions for the Shoe Game, but looking to add to that one if you guys have any crazy ideas!

1 Like

We didn’t have a sound system for the ceremony. We were married in a hotel. Over the restaurant. That was open to both floors. At 11am. Had never been there when there was a loud group below us. Nobody could hear our vows that weren’t thisclose. Turns out it was the wedding party after us.

4 Likes

We added a beer keg to the reception because… well, Texas.

8 Likes

One of the comments we got from several guests after our wedding reception was a compliment of how we (the groom and my lovely bride) stayed together all night and were out there dancing after we greeted everyone.

Receptions that seemed less fun for us, tend to be where the bride and groom go their separate ways to hang with their own friends/family, or don’t bother to get on the dance floor.

Other than that, just make sure you’re having fun. It’s your celebration!

4 Likes

WE DIDN’T LET SOME BRAND JUST WALTZ THEIR WAY INTO OUR WEDDING I CAN TELL YOU THAT!!!

8 Likes

@moles1138 OUCH! Ours is outside, and we don’t have a microphone for the officiant, but we will have a relatively small crowd for the ceremony in a private area. Maybe a golf cart or two zipping past, but that’s the most we’ll have to worry about. I think there’s an option for our officiant to have his own lapel mic, but not sure if he needs a power source (currently used up already)… we’ll speak up!

We did end up moving our rehearsal dinner to a more private area, initially having it in the restaurant of a hotel lobby, but now we’re a few stories up in a private bar area!

@ThunderThighs Yep, that’s why we’re including an after-party, because Southern. :joy:

@FrostByte DEFINITELY! I can’t see myself splitting away from Nathan too often other than a couple dances, but yeah, it’s the couple’s day, and it should be spent together for sure.

@davejlives Sorry, I can’t hear you over me living my best life :star_struck:

4 Likes

See if you can rent borrow a battery-powered PA system (or powered speaker) if you think people won’t be able to hear you. Surely there’s one in the Woot warehouse somewhere…

The wedding isn’t a be all & end all event; just a transition point to a wonderful life together. Just make a point to avoid @davejlives when he’s not drunk - not that he’s much fun even when he is drunk…

3 Likes

We had an early wedding. Afternoon reception…no band or DJ, just hammered dulcimer and guitar. We were done pretty early. Then went to her cousin’s to open presents and have a birthday party for Oogie’s brother that was that day. First day of summer 21 June 1997.
Then back to the hotel to stay the night and off to Disney World in the morning.

2 Likes

That’s amazing… yeah, we’re having a dry lunchtime reception (most of the invited folks don’t drink, and there’s a minimum, why waste it or have wasted folks :sweat_smile: ), and inviting everyone to meet us downtown later that evening if they wish to party a little hardier. I wish we had the guts/time to go to Disney the next morning, but floating down the Chattahoochee River is honestly pretty freaking amazing too.

5 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Marriage advice from a person who has been married for 35 years… Marriage is like a deck of cards, In the beginning all you need is 2 hearts and a diamond. Eventually you want a club and a spade! Just kidding ,or am I?

2 Likes

Those little meatballs.
Everyone likes little meatballs in BBQ sauce, gravy, whatever…
Every party needs little meatballs (and beer).

4 Likes

Also… I see dog collars on the list.
Have you shown doggie pics yet & I missed it??

(and why isn’t a TOASTER on the list?

2 Likes

I don’t think I have! We have two mini schnauzers, a springer spaniel, and a beagle-Doberman-??? mix.

And we have an amazing toaster already but that would have been a great addition!

8 Likes

Nice pics! Thank You!!

I love the look on the Springer!! LOL

4 Likes

OK… lol…
I always give toasters at weddings. A person can only have so many toasters though…

2 Likes

He had just finished an hour-long shave-down to help out in these last couple summery months… he was SO ready to move back indoors, and so was Mama!

2 Likes

Congratulations

1 Like

What fun and what a great start to your married life, Congratulations.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Looking forward to following your union

1 Like