Navigon N100 Pocket Loox Portable GPS

That stuff sounds pretty cool, that looks like a world of fun. I’ve ‘modified’ a bunch of stuff - mostly DVD drives (RPC2 -> RPC1) & PSPs, but never a GPS.

Is it possible to get maps for the rest of the world (specifically, Greece) to work on this baby?

Hey - did the Navigon 2100 from eCost come with mounting and charger?
what was included. site doesn’t clairfy.
thanks

I love this device!! It’s smaller than a deck of cards and can be set for walking!! So you can just carry it in your pocket and find your way in a new city.

I scoffed at its media-playing abilities, but it’s turned out to be a pretty fun thing to have - cuts back on number of devices to haul/charge/etc.

I just got back from France - had checked the Navigon US website and it didn’t offer any other maps. On their Europe websites, they had other maps, but very expensive (especially with the week dollar/strong euro - about $100). So I tried ebay - got (what was probably illegal) copy of Western Europe maps for $30. Was a little nervous it wouldn’t work and no way of checking until you get to Europe. It did take a LONG time to lock onto a satellite once there, but then it worked great.

And, maybe this is something that all Nav systems have, but it was new to me - could set it for scenic drive - which would take us all sorts of crazy places and get us safely out of them.

I have a pretty old Garmin iQue M3 which sometimes fails me now, I think it maybe a media problem… I was in the market & have heard that Sirf Star III is a requirement nowadays, & I couldn’t find info on that. I was wondering if you guys knew & b4 midnight…

Another point on updates… Fujitsu did the firmware, and offer updates:

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/support/downloads.html
Enter “n100” into the search box…

Navigon’s UK site will sell you map updates for a bunch-o cash:

(drag the slider right to see the N100, then click for the news on the UK 105 cost for maps)

or: Garmin International | Home

Excellent info! Thanks for the link!

It actually convinced me to bite the bullet and get one!

Kinda late to post but I found a site that tells you how to install your (purchased) TomTom 6 software on it.

Looks like you can do a lot with it, because it runs windows under the hood!

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71114

finally got shipping info

Ship date
Jun 25, 2008
Estimated delivery
Jun 28, 2008

You all will have a laugh at this. I received my package today and once I opened the box everything BUT the GPS Unit was inside of it. This is my first bad woot after many good ones so I laughed more then anything. I contacted woot and I am sure it will be resolved soon.

I know that woot wants you to go though the manufacturer for defective items but what happens when things are missing? Is it the same?

Mine arrived without the stylus, but I think I can live without it.

anyone know if this was supposed to come with an sd card? mine did not come with one

It absolutely should have an SD card. Just look at the “in the box” list. You can get there in “the blog”

This was my conversation with FEDEX today AFTER my package was not updated with tracking information since Thursday.

ME: So, do you know when I should be able to expect it since it was supposed to be here on Saturday?
THEM: We need to put a track on the package, I can’t seem to locate it right now.
ME: So you lost my package?
THEM: Sir, I never said we lost your package.
ME: By definition not being able to find something is LOST. I guess at FedEx you use a different dictionary.
THEM: <Silence>… <Longer than I’d like>. Sir, what was in the package?
ME: A GPS unit. If they need to find my house, they can just open it and use it to get here.
THEM: <Even more silence… this broad is killing me>
ME: How long will this take to track?
THEM: 24 hours sir.

FedEx needs to get a sense of humor.

Haha thats funny. I had a 4.5 day gap in my tracking, and actually just got an update an hour ago. Should be here tomorrow. I hope they packed everything.

I love this thing! Unlike some others, I actually got everything with mine that I should have. I have it hacked now using the link below, running Windows CE 5.0, with a full media player. I’m installing TomTom on it now, and I am just psyched!

http://www.gpspassion.com/FORUMSEN/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71114&whichpage=22#738779

No stylus.
Called 1 888 848 0701 and I can fax some info in to get the missing part. Kind of a pain, as I have to scan my drivers license.

I got mine, everything was there I’ve hacked it and am running the 5100 software with 2008 maps with more POI’s with Zagat speaks street names etc…I really like it now.

I have never had any problems with shipping but I use the extra 4 digits on my zip code I think that really helps them!!!

for example my zip code is 55434-1918