Navman ICN 330 Portable Navigation System

how is this for geo cashing

Actually, these have been re-serviced only to be updated to new firmware and software. These are previously un-used units that have been re-flashed and therefore cant be sold as new. They still carry the original one year warranty from Navman.

[quote user=“Tufflaw”]
GPS systems are rad. I got a Garmin C320 a few weeks ago and it’s pretty useful. [/quo

I would recommend a garmin over this navman

Thanks for the wonderful wootcast, I might think of ordering one in the morning.

Night for now.

Not a good buy… this unit uses Sirf II chip… you can get the newer Sirf III chip based GPS on Ebay for $50 and hook it up to your laptop with Microsoft Street 2006. Sirf III chip GPS should work better in cities like Chicago or New York.

Nuvi - Over $600

This unit - Much less than $600.

Sounds like you got ripped.

A+ on the podcast today!

Woot, not so great.
Woot-Cast, awesomeness…

product haiku:

was driving one day
my nav console did not work
I was on the moon.

Yeah, I’m with SEQUENCE, a map is cheaper, easier to use and won’t lure others to bash my windows in. Night all!

Do you have to pay monthly fee’s for these things?

Navman is supposed to be a decent brand; don’t know much about the customer service though. If you can afford the money, I would get the icn 550 from outpost.com for $329.99 w/ free shipping. For the money though, this seems to be a good deal. Obviously, there are a lot of way better GPS systems out there…I’ll say it again…for the MONEY, this seems to be a good deal, if you don’t want to spend too much. You do get what you pay for :wink:

Oddly enough, it has Puerto Rico and Guam maps, but not Canada. You know, for when you drive to Puerto Rico.

Think they’ll ever have one that comes with a subscription service with the capability of downloading updated maps every 6 months or so?

Oh like Refurbbbbbbbbed cars still wouldnt sell out in less than an hour in a wootoff LOL

One word in using both these brands id say go with Garmin

I would have to agree to get something a bit better than this. I am in the market but have not heard many good reviews on this product.

Great WooT price compared to everyone else, but not the best bang for your buck.

does anyone know(or find mention) if “voice guided”
is to the point of pronouncing the street names?

may sound pity, but trust me, “turn left on Alpha Rd”
is quite a bit reassuring than one that just says
“turn left in 400 feet” --meant a $100 bump up in models
of the Garmin line (c330 vs c340) when we were shopping a few months back.

ill stick to the compass thanks!

Agreed… here’s a warm deal… a few extras…
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&item=150026429288&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I have a Navman iCN-630. Actually, it’s my second iCN-630, as the first one died a horrible, loudly-buzzing death due to hardware failure. The current one has issues, like the power cutting out if you so much as look at the power connector the wrong way. I wish I’d just kept my money and gotten from a reputable brand instead of going for the “best deal” on the net like I did.

I’m not surprised that these are refurbished, given the problems I’ve had with my older iCN unit. I’d avoid the company, and this woot, and get something a little more mainstream.