NCL Security Wireless Network IP Day/Night Camera

Shall I use Ebay as a pricing comparator?

ebay item: 160036398730
US $119.49 buy it now
US $7.95 shipping
you save 22.45 on woot!

now i can spy on all of my friends!

oh…maybe i shouldn’t have put that on woot

does this use batteries or does it plug in?

not mac or firefox compatible. too many spywares from ie already

Thats exactly what I wanna know

Awesome. Panasonic BL-C30 is well over $200 with no mic and no low light.

It’s worth the gamble even for an unfamiliar brand – you’d be amazed how useful these are. From server rooms to baby rooms to monitoring ye olde company fridge, they are incredibly powerful.

Looks like the only obvious feature absent is pan and tilt, but at this price, buy 2 and fuhgeddaboudit.

lol i can just see everyone lookin for the “fogless” lense for those um…
high air moister areas in the house… lol ha

Thats just wrong

So how do you mount this thing?

Sweet! I can tie this to my cieling fan and be amazed for hours!

“Includes: . . . AC Adapter”

…it’s a plug… notice the 5VDC. It’s a 5v DC adapter requirement, however it doesn’t mention if it comes with one or the type of connector…

$99 bucks for a wireless network cam is not a great price. This WOOT is POOT!!! The IR for nighttime on these things is worthless, if someone is standing 5 feet from it you might see something, otherwise it’s ghost image time. You can get a namebrand unit for the same price. Very disappointing Woot!

it would be COol if it uses Batteries. Wish I knew if it uses them or not. I also whish i knew if it were indoor outdoor or had some degree of weather proofing…

EDIT: It comes with a AC adapter… just reread it

Manufactuer site has a bit more info

http://www.nclsecurity.com/pawvneweipca.html

I can think of a ton of cool/fun/illegal things to do with this, but I dont think any of them are worth 99 bucks…what i really need is an enclosure to that hard drive they had the other day…

A lot of the cameras say “Internet Explorer 5.x or better” because they require the use of an Active-X-based interface. You can’t spoof it on a Mac or with Firefox – it simply won’t work and all the cameras I tried used the same software interface. This particular camera says it requires IE which says to me it uses the same software. Great if you’re a Windows user, but absolutely unusable if you use a PowerBook like me.

ebay “wireless network camera” and get ton-o-these for about $120+

Based on the pics, I’d say it looks like it’s about the size of a large Kleenex box…

Includes: … AC Adapter