Neat Receipts v3.0 Document Management System with Scanner

According to the wesite there is a seperate MAC version that is even more expensive.
also this goes for $150 if you buy it from them: http://store.neatreceipts.com/index/page/product/product_id/1/category_chain//product_name/NEAT+Receipts+Version+3.0

are there free alternatives for Document Management program so i can use my existing scanner?

So can this thing scan letter sized papers? and how fast?

Anyone got one of these? Highly interested.

Heres a Review I found:

You can’t have the computer…

I HAVE that exact computer and I don’t know why anyone WOULD want it. I plan on littering mine with bullets in 2 years.

Because it’s really tough for road warriors (who scan in all their hotel, meal, parking receipts as they aquire them) to cram a full sized scanner in their briefcase. duh.

Al Capone? lol

does it come with the computer? Is the PC MAC compatible?

We have these at work and they suck because you have to scan everything twice. The first scan is needed to calibrate the dimensions for the real scan. Then if you don’t load the file in the exact same location it will not scan the entire document.

Hey… why did you delete my post???

I said this was a pretty neat item. can’t justify the cost… or the need!

If this could operate detached from the computer and upload when the USB was connected, I’d be all over it. But when I travel, I don’t enjoy the hassle of setting up my laptop, mouse and power supply, much less peripherals.

Looks like a Home Depot receipt.

Thanks for this. Now, I’ll pass. This price is pretty good though as I was eyeing it at my local Staples, which has it on clearance for $120.

Anyone know if this comes with a TWAIN driver?

A company called Visioneer made something similar over 10 years ago, called the PaperPort. The same idea – scan all your paper and this thing would organize it by doing OCR and then importing into the appropriate productivity program. I think Compaq licensed the technology and integrated it into the top edge of a keyboard so you could feed paper right into your keyboard. Cool stuff but I guess never really took off.

I have been using Visioneer PaperPort scanning software for 5 or 6 years now and it works great with any of the All-in-One printers out on the market…

Very easy to use, great for pix/docs. The software can be picked up pretty cheap…

“Neat” item, but a scanner will do me just fine, considering the price for this smaller item. What’s the added benefit of this, vs. a regular scanner, besides size?

Bought one at ATL (in the airport = they’re making a killing on these things to afford the kiosk…just like Rosetta Stone). Wouldn’t recommend - at first, it was nice to use on business trips to scan receipts on the go, until I just bought a portable scanner of the regular variety. The quality isn’t the best - and if there is so much as a crumple in the paper, especially if it’s the glossy thermal kind (which is what 99% of businesses use) it’s worthless.

The software, I’ll admit, is decent, but the text recognition isn’t the best - fonts used by Verifone and Micros - the former being the credit card terminal of choice at many stores where you swipe the card, not the clerk, and the latter being what’s used by many restaurants - result in quite a few inaccuracies - taking more time to correct than it’s worth. To be honest, even if I got this for $1 in a Boring Octopus Comida, I wouldn’t use it. On the plus side, I did get most of my $$ back on fleabay.

Will this work with my Ubuntu?

Most everything does these days. Wait—you mean you DON"T have an Intel Mac with Windows XP installed???