NeatDesk Desktop ADF Scanner for PC/Mac

What is the exact model number for this scanner? What is the difference between this and the other (cheaper) one also available on Woot?

About $290 (with shipping) on Amazon!!! Why would I buy from Woot???

Nice concept, and if you need an interface to your accounting package, this might do well.

I have the smaller, portable scanner, and I find that receipt scanning can take a while. Not because of the speed of the scanner itself, but instead I found myself constantly correcting dates and amounts that the software interpreted.

There are a lot of good reviews on Amazon. Plus, these scanners appear to be available for a similar price and with free shipping.

Another option is to take a look at some of the smartphone receipt scanning apps out there that take advantage of the phone’s camera, and see if they can’t meet your needs for a lot less money.

This is what I use myself, and since I don’t have dozens of receipts a day I need to scan, it works great, and was only a couple bucks for a decent app. It does help that if I need to do mass quantities, I can use the nice printer at work.

The OCR is probably about as good, and it helps to have a decent camera on your phone, and a steady hand. A spare universal mount turned into a “scanning station” really helps if you do it on the regular.

I got a Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 and it’s fantastic. Double-sided scanning as fast as the rollers can feed it. Either USB or WiFi straight into your computer or portable device. Yeah, they’re spendy, but it’s absolutely worth it. Unlike this P.O.S.