Neato XV-12 All Floor Robotic Vacuum

Purchased this last Feb. from woot.

luv-luv-luv-luv-luv-luv-luvluv-luv-luv.

It has active “LIDAR”, it see’s where it’s going.
Hair doesn’t tangled.

/we have gotten both. Got the roomba first. We have animals and we spent more time cleaning the fur out of the brushes than I like (almost 15 min per cleaning). The Neato does not have true brushes and we love it.

I got one of these a couple months ago and as a lazy bachelor who never vacuums, I love it.

The only complaints I have:

It doesn’t clean about an inch next to walls, so you’ll eventually have to sweep dust out.

If it gets stuck somewhere and the battery dies, the clock resets, which disables the schedule.

On crappy hard carpet, once the neato gets up to top speed, he starts bouncing. (not sure how effective cleaning is at that point, but he leaves weird patterns in the carpet from it). This only happens in one direction on the carpet, and he overlaps in the other direction. I hear you can get a spiral brush intended for pet hair that fixes this, but as my house is 80% hardwood, it doesn’t bother me that much.

I can’t say I care much for the extra filters and squeegee blades as I haven’t seen any wear on the blades and the filter can be easily cleaned in the sink.

This is not a good deal for that price. What makes this a Woot deal when Amazon and others are selling it for the same price?

Links? I’m seeing $399 at Amazon.

Honestly, you will not be disappointed! We have 4 cats and a dog, I run my Neato everyday while I am gone and am AMAZED what it picks up! I :heart: my Neato!!!

You should return it for a new one…call their customer service. Sounds like yours has an issue?

I :heart: mine, my filter has never been clogged and I have 4 cats and a dog. I do empty out the dust bin each day, and mine runs everyday while I am gone.

It has gotten stuck a few times, but not a big deal for me, I just move it when I get home and it continues where it left off to clean.

HTH?!?

I got one of the XV-11’s from the last Woot… Add another happy customer.

Since it hasn’t been spelled out:

• XV-11 is Green and a North American Model
  • XV-12 is White, a North American Model and exclusive to Target
  • XV-14 is blue, on Amazon, first I’ve heard this model…
  • XV-15 is Blue and a Europe only model
  • XV-21 - is White w/ Purple Pet and Alergy model (new spiral brush, better filters)

Note: all models can be upgraded to the XV-21 level. Upgrade your Neato’s software to v2.6 and buy the brush kit. The new brush w/ one filter lists for $59.99 on Amazon. IMHO, upgrade is/was worth the money.

Cost:
Last Woot was for XV-11 but did not have extra filters and squeegee’s. Are they worth $20 extra? Most likely. A pack of four Neato branded filters runs $15 (off brand are of course cheaper). That’s already most of the $20.

Overall, I already want another one. The main improvement I wish for is that the Neato would empty its own dustbin.

As an FYI, you can buy the XV-12 and then purchase and install the Pet and Allergy Upgrade Kit on it ($60 at Amazon) to essentially make this the equivalent of the XV-21.

http://www.amazon.com/Neato-Pet-Allergy-Upgrade-Kit/dp/B0083ONH1Y

I missed the last Neato Woot and was really disappointed because they had been sold out at Costco for the past couple weeks and will be for another week or two. First thing I did this morning was purchase this one.

We have two cats and a dog (140 lbs of droopy lip Great Dane, same shed rate as smaller similar haired dogs, but 4x the surface area, you do the math). We had received a second hand Roomba from my parent-in-laws and it worked ok for awhile in a small apartment with carpet everywhere. However, as others have mentioned, the brush gets clogged with long cat hair and becomes a pain to clean out. Then the battery died and we replaced it. And it died again. We gave up on Lupe v1.0, and started looking for a new Lupe.

I can’t wait to get our new Neato and try it out since we have since moved into a larger place with wood and tile floors. My sinuses will be as grateful as my wife for the daily cleaning of hair and dust.

I thought this was a ‘real’ vac. So even if I buy this and have it sweep several times a week I will still have to run an upright vac? Not much use for the robot then…

Overall, the reviews sound great. I’ve had a Roomba that was always getting stuck under my coffee table. How does Neato deal with low furniture? How does it deal with multiple rooms? What’s the process for upgrading/maintaining the firmware?

My first woot in quite some time. Of all the reviews I’ve read the neato seems to beat the roomba.

My wife and I just moved into an apartment in Chevy Chase MD. The place is gorgeous with hardwood floors in the living areas and short carpet in bedrooms.

You know what makes a gorgeous apartment look awful faster than anything else? Dog hair. We refuse to be “those people” who have dog hair everywhere but we would literally have to vacuum daily to keep up with our 70 pound mutt’s inability to hold onto follicles.

This wasn’t such a huge problem in our last apartment, which was all carpeted. Sure she shed just as much, but the hardwood floors REALLY make it apparent… and gross.

A couple of questions I haven’t seen answered.

If there is an item of clothing on the floor, lets say a tshirt, will neato try to eat it like would happen if you ran an upright Dyson over it?

What happens if my dog approaches it to check it out? Will it see my dog as a stationary object and not return to that place even after my dog has moved?

Am I insane for having just spent $300 on a vaccum?

Just going to add my 2 cents in here. I did a lot of research on the Neato and the Roomba and decided to go with the Neato for many reasons (a big one: Neato maps the room while Roomba bounces off the walls randomly until it decides enough time has elapsed and therefore, the room must be clean). $300 is a lot of money but worth it in my opinion and here is why:

Us: Wife and I and a almost 2 year old toddler running around, two dogs (60lbs and a 90lbs) and two average size cats so we have a ton of fur. We have a mixture of tile and carpet with some area rugs.

I have very bad pet allergies and this year it has been especially bad. I concluded that a daily vacuum routine was necessary to provide some relief. Easier said then done. We both work so when we get home we want to spend time with our son and then we’re tried and want to relax. Daily vacuum quickly became a twice a week and then ultimately once a week vacuum. Bad allergies persisted while at home.

Enter Neato purchased from Woot very recently. Every day the Neato comes to life at 9:15am while we’re at work, the toddler is at day care and the dogs in their room. It vacuums the entire house and I come home to vacuum lines in my carpet and the Neato sitting on it’s base fully charged with a bin full of hair and dust. I love this thing.

My allergies are still bad but are defiantly better since we got this guy. This will not replace a standard vacuum but certainly compliments it well. We’ve maintained our weekly thorough vacuuming with the upright and this guy handles the daily stuff.

Worth every penny.

Hi Mod. The XV-11, XV-12, XV-15… they’re all the exact same model.

The only different model is the XV-21 which is just the XV-1X with the pet/ allergy kit.

I’m under the impression they give them different models depending on which big box is selling them.

I bought one of these earlier this year and WE LOVE IT. The Neato is much smarter than a Roomba and calculates a logical path for 100% coverage. I’d say its ideal for people with pets and mostly hard floors. It can handle the one long-nap rug we have but again, it works much better on wood, laminate, tile, etc. It gets lost every now and then but I should probably upgrade the software. I posted a review on FB I was so pleased. I highly recommend the unit. Oh, and one of the charging bumpers kept getting stuck on the charger and they sent out a new one right away. Very good company to deal with.

My biggest hesitation in buying this has been the fact that I have a mostly carpeted house. Most are low to medium pile carpets, but they are still carpets nonetheless.

If anyone has a Neato and is in a similar boat as me, I’d like to hear your thoughts on how it works.

Thanks!

Most of our house is carpet with the entry way, kitchen and bathrooms being tile. You can see my post a couple posts up with some more details.

I think it performs great but that’s just my opinion. I did a ton of research before buying to help me justify the cost and my research pointed to Neato. No regrets.

I also would like to know how it handles running into a loose shirt or sock on the floor. Does it eat it? What about small toys? Thank you.

I have the XV-11. This thing is absolutely amazing. You can’t believe what a good job it does. There are little drawbacks. It can’t get right up against the baseboards like you can with a canister or maybe even an upright, and sometimes it gets confused but I find it you clean it a bit, it goes back to being just fine. I believe the 12 is geared more for cleaning up after pets but I ordered a little roller thing and put it in and it has not just the fins but a brush and does just fine.