Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy Robotic Vac

Ours developed this issue (taking 3 or 4 charges to finish the house instead of 2) about 8 months after we got ours off Woot.com and I contacted Neato. They sent us new batteries free of charge.

I love my XV-11. The only reason I would not recommend the XV-21 is the lack of a internal serial connector on the circuit board like the “1X” series has. I am about to work on a SparkIO integration so I can trigger the XV-11 cleaning remotely (home automation). If that works well I will pick up two more “1X” series…

I bought one back in April off WOOT, battery is just starting to go. What is the # you contacted them?

I have cats and two dogs in a 2,221 sq ft home. Granted, my Neato remains on the lower level of the home only, but other than it getting tangled here or there in some of the “straps” for the couch covers (resolved by tucking them under the couch) it’s never had any problems. If it’s battery is low, it returns to its dock, charges, then goes out to complete the job. I run it about twice a day (one scheduled at 2pm every day and one random time of my choice) and it picks up exceptionally well. I’m noticing a lot less random fur drifting around, which is AMAZING because normally, after I vacuum, there’s always something I missed. “Dexter,” as I’ve come to dub it, is the best Christmas gift my mother has gotten me. I’m probably going to purchase another one for upstairs and snag that three year warranty, given I’m sure I’ll need it. :slight_smile:

I also have been having issues with my NeatO. Loved it at first and now the battery life is short and its performance unpredictable.

Lately it has taken to leaving the base, cleaning a 5’x5’ area in front of its base and then returning to the base, saying it is finished. When I move the base and try again, it gets lost and spazzy.

Pretty pricey for a one year electronic.