Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy (Scratch and Dent)

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]

Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy (Scratch and Dent)
Price: $169.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, May 27 to Monday, May 30) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy (Scratch and Dent)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Neato XV-21 Pet +%26 Allergy (Scratch and Dent)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Neato - Google Shopping XV-21 Pet +%26 Allergy (Scratch and Dent))

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
8/15/2014 - $199.99 (Woot-off)
7/23/2014 - $199.99 (Woot-off)
6/24/2014 - $199.99 (Woot-off)

Have one of these! We have a love hate relationship. Here are the pros and cons, in my opinion:

Pros:

• Picks up hair/dirt better than my Dyson.
  • Accomplishes 1,000 square foot of carpet in one charge.
  • Not too loud. About the same as the Dyson. You can certainly watch TV with it running.
  • Lines on carpet look pretty.
  • Stuck avoidance/resolution is pretty good. If it gets in a pickle, it will try pretty hard to get out.

Cons:

• You do have to empty the bin about every day (with pets), other day (without pets).
  • It constantly tries to go under my couch, even with the avoidance strips on the ground. It tends to just push them out of the way and venture under things.
  • You have to clean the sensors every month or so, otherwise it constantly gets lost and tries to go through walls (nope, the door didn’t move).
  • All wires, socks, dog toys have to be picked up daily, otherwise, it will run them over and get stuck. This might be a positive, because it forces me to keep my house tidy. P.S. If your dogs poop inside, forget it. It’s a poop eater.
  • Your cat cannot ride… S/he will block the laser sensor and it will be blind.

Would I buy it again, yes. It has pretty much changed how I clean my house. It forces me to tidy up the house every day, in preparation for it to run at 9AM. I hardly ever vacuum anymore. If I pull out the Dyson and run over the carpet, it doesn’t pick up anything (thus, the Neato is pretty effective).

If you have zero patience, hate picking up every day, or have non-potty trained dogs, I would stay away. You’ll be so frustrated by this.

Bought one of these the last time they were on Woot… totally changed how we clean house. It does have a few issues with cords lying on the ground, but on the whole, does a really good job getting the floors clean.

Had an XV-11. Make that 4 XV-11 in 12 months. Warranty replacements. The only one that navigated correctly was #2, the belt broke after 6 months and is not replaceable so it was toast. #3 was DOA and it took a full month, and about 20 email exchanges, for them to comprehend DOA.

I would not pay $5 for one of these. It would make a great gift for someone you secretly do not much like, but are obligated to get something for. Otherwise I strongly suggest you avoid.

I see this gets a fair share of negative reviews but I also know that you often only hear the squeaky wheel. Is anyone out there that has been using one of these for a year or more without problems?

I’d used mine for just over a year (before moving from my one bedroom apartment to a new house) without issue but I consider myself pretty lucky after reading the comments when these pop up. Seems pretty hit or miss.

One thing I will recommend is doing a full vacuum of your place before using it for the first time. This thing seems to be far better at maintaining a clean floor than it does cleaning a dirty floor. When I first bought it, I had to empty the dust bin about three times per full run, for about two weeks before it finally got everything off my floor (not because it was doing a bad job, but because it cleans SO well, it gets a lot that even my vacuum wasn’t digging deep enough for).

For the price I paid (which I think was this price), it was definitely worth it though. Mine didn’t even really have any scratches or dents on it, but obviously YMMV.

I bought an XV-12 on here back in 2012, brand new. So despite issues here and there along the way, I’d have to say I’ve been pretty lucky to still have it working 4 years later. In the past 2 years it’s seen some issues where a new battery ended up helping the most, and I think it may be time for another one. I can’t trust it on a schedule anymore because it tends to not be able to find its way back to the base, even stopping right in front of it. Then it dies and the clock goes to 0:00, so I have to reset it. So now we more just use it on the occasion when we feel like we need it to clean while we’re cleaning elsewhere throughout the house. I would consider another one sometime in the near future, but it hasn’t been a priority.

I live in an all tile studio apt. How well does this work on tile?

Cat can’t ride it? Deal breaker.

Yes, I have two that we got off of woot and are even happier with them than the roombas we own.
Only issue I’ve had is on one where it got lost under the couch over a weekend and the battery ran down. It now needs an occasional hard reset (hold down button until light goes off, then start again) because it won’t charge unless it can turn on the LED screen. Weird, I know. Hope this helps.

We’ve had ours for 2-1/2 years and still LOVE IT. Especially the straight across front to get right up to the walls/furniture. Bought new batteries after 2 years (it takes 2 sets) and found a great deal on new filters recently at crucial.com. We do keep the computer room door closed - way too many cords to navigate around. Bought ours new @ Costco for $270. Worth every penny.

We got one off woot some time ago. Initially, we loved it. It seemed to work better and more efficiently than the roomba. Then the issues started. one wheel stopped working, unclogging didn’t work. The batteries stopped holding a charge. Replacement batteries also failed to charge. I lost count of what I replaced in that machine but we lost our patience with it and we got no love from Neato, inc so went back to iRobot and never looked back.

Yes. I have had mine for close to the two year mark, and it has been great. Nothing major, and the cats have finally decided to stop sabotaging it.

We had one from Woot that was factory reconditioned. It lasted one day. That being said, it did a great job in that one day (we have 3 cats). However, we then had to return it. The return policy and procedure were fine, and we eventually purchased another robot vacuum from somewhere else as we had found the idea to be wonderful. Had we been able to get another from Woot to try again at that time, we likely would have.

We’ve had ours from Woot for just over 2 years now, and I’ve never had any problems with it. It works on our hardwood floors, kitchen linoleum, and (fringeless) area rugs. I block it from going over the shaggier living room rug. I just had to replace the battery last week, and now it’s back to its old self.

It has gotten hung up a couple of times on a tennis shoe or shopping bag left on the floor, but other than that, it navigates pretty well. We have 1 dog and 2 cats, so I run it every day, and then run the Dyson upright on Saturdays.

I talked two co-workers into buying these the last time they were on Woot last month. One worked great out of the box. The other one had a defective charging station, and Neato sent out a replacement that we received today. Can’t say we have any complaints!

I wooted one about a year ago. I am pretty happy with it. It cleans up after my two huskies and keeps the house looking tidy. It does occasionally get lost/stuck, but I am still coming out ahead in the long run. I’m considering getting one for upstairs.

Can anyone confirm if this is the standard model (http://www.amazon.com/Neato-XV-21-Allergy-Automatic-Cleaner/dp/B007JOJ9QQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=neato%20xv-21&qid=1464293516&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3) or the Signature Pro model (http://www.amazon.com/Neato-Signature-Allergy-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B00CBW63QU?ie=UTF8&keywords=neato%20xv-21&qid=1464293516&ref_=sr_1_4&sr=8-4) ?

We got ours for Christmas in 2014. It was purchased new. We have replaced the batteries in it. It occasionally gets stuck when the cat decides to be an a$$hole and leave her tiger in the middle of the floor. We have dark hard wood floors, with a very low pile rug in the living room. This runs every single day. It definitely changes the way we keep house - the floor is always picked up.

We love this thing. We’ve named her Consuela. She sweeps our floor every day. She saves my sanity. With dark hard wood floors, I was sweeping every single day to keep the dust down. She does a great job. Enough that his parents bought one after watching ours.

I have had one for 3 year had to replace the batteries this year. I have 2 cat’s and it does an excellent job of keeping my floors clean. Pros it works well cons it does get stuck once in a while. Overall I like it a lot. I just bought my second one I got tired of vacuuming the lower level of my house