NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner

I bought this scanner 2 yrs ago. I am very pleased with the purchase. I have used it to scan directly to pdf several times (there is a button on the scanner). I have also used the software-it is much improved with upgrades.

I have also used camera apps - they’re good in a pinch, but do not compare-the scanner is much easier and quicker.

this is a great price. Their is another scanner (fujitsu) that might be better, but is much more expensive.

This is a great woot

Nope, only the Mac version allows different scanners to be used with the software.

Can you use this with a mac? I noticed the specs only mentioned Windows?

if i buy it and don’t like it is there and option to return it for a refund or partial refund?

I got mine from Woot a couple of years back, and it has been very useful. I’m treasurer for a couple of organizations, and scanning received checks is so much more efficient than photocopying them.

A couple of things I’ve learned:

– If you think you’ll want something in PDF format, scan it that way from the start. I haven’t had wholly satisfactory results when creating a PDF from the JPG scan. (You can always scan the item a second time into the database.)

– Very faint receipts or handwritten items will sometimes not work if you are using the default setting of Black & White. (The scan comes out blank, and is deleted by default, though you can change that.) HOWEVER, I’ve been able to capture such items when I scan with the Color setting.

Any of their scanners will work with any of their recent versions of their software (NeatWorks 4.9 and up on Windows, NeatWorks 3 and up on Mac)

Contact tech support via phone or email and say you need the mac version, supply the windows product code and the scanner serial number and they should be able to issue you the key.

Contact Neat support, they can issue you a cross grade to the Mac version (Intel Macs only)

If you travel a lot, this truly does help quite a bit especially if you’re organization-challenged like me. i had three trips in a row and scanning receipts on the fly and throwing them into a virtual folder made the reports a lot easier. now we just have to fix our expense reporting system and we’re golden!

the new dropbox can automatically upload pictures taken from your smartphone’s camera. any reason doc scanner is better?

I can’t get the software to load on any of my PC’s. Error tells me that there is another load currently occuring and closes. If this is how this starts, this thing is a peice of junk. Maybe I can sell it at in a garage sale.

I have one of these; used the previous version for a few years now.

My advice is don’t use the supplied software - just use the built in “Windows Fax and Scan” (those other guys must have something equivalent but more sexy, cuz that’s how they roll, apparently) then print to PDF using your pdf printer of choice (I use CUTE PDF).

Put the stuff in folders that make sense for you.

The software is bulky and overkill.

This is a very nice price, btw. Thinking of scoring a second one to give as a gift.