NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner

I’ve had mine for 2.5 years (bought it right here for the same price) and I’m so glad I did. I don’t use the accounting parts of the software, just the PDF-creating feature. It takes decent copies, both in grayscale and color, though it’s not anything near photo quality.

I took mine to China and saved maybe 10 pounds from my luggage by digitizing papers and throwing away the originals. It starts getting a bit cranky if you use it for too long, but it takes a few hundred scans in a row to get there.

Right now my scanner operates as well as it did when I first bought it, and doesn’t show signs of degrading soon. In short, I recommend it for anyone who wants to digitize a few dozen documents at a time.

I bought a refurb NeatReceipt scanner 2+ years ago from woot. the software was super easy to install, and has worked perfectly for me since day one. if you travel alot and need to scan reciepts or work products, this thing is a huge timesaver. don’t fear the refurb, mine still looks like new even after using it for years. As for quality, it takes better scans of faint recipets than the giant office scanner my company provides in our office.

The video from J&R posted above by CowboyDann does not show the scanner actually scanning. For those who may be interested how fast the device scans, here are three videos from Youtube showing what appears to be the same device. (Yes, I know two of the videos show the version packaged for Mac users; I assume but don’t know that it’s the same hardware as the PC version.)

[youtube=NjCO855hPK0][/youtube]
[youtube=rnYt0NwKoQ4][/youtube]
[youtube=z1z-mGHeAgM][/youtube]

too bad there’s no Mac support… and direct to Evernote export would be great…

…sigh

Works great for a spy. Quick and neat for when I am digitizing those top secret documents on the go.

I have TWO, the older model and this current model.

With the latest FREE upgrade software to 5.x you should be VERY happy. You can also use it in any scanner app (like Picasa) as regular color scanner.

Evernote on the PC side… scan as picture into a directory, and set Evernote to process all pix in that directory.

Any idea when this will ship. Would love to get my hands on it!

Avoid.
Software requires online account and activation.
Declined license; return refused.
Avoid.