Need technological geekoid help--mp3

if you have MusicMatch and it will convert to MP3, you could use dBpowerAMP’s Auxiliary Input to convert your WMA to a WAV file… it takes a little learning, and you are simply recording the song as it plays through your computer, but you don’t have to keep using CDs that way. Once you have the WAV, then you’re back to trying to convert it to MP3. But most of them wouldn’t have converted a copy-protected WMA to an un-protected MP3 anyway, whereas they won’t “think” twice about converting a WAV file.

LOL! One of these days, maybe…

I just don’t wanna hafta read through 100-200 pages to catch up with y’all. I might jump in sometime, though…when I get caught up with everything else. Thanks again for the invite. :slight_smile:

I did find this…is that what you’re talking about? ('Cept I don’t drive a Cadillac, lol)

Or are you describing something different? How hard are they to install? I was really hoping for something that could be blended into the dash, without making too big of a mess of it. My long-time, trusted mechanic is out this week, but when he gets back I was going to ask him.

Thanks. I’ll look around…the ones I found at Belkin.com were a good bit higher than that.

That is one of many AUX adapters…but that one is pretty fancy (able to hook up many items).

As for the clean install, it depends on your car really. For instance, my radio isn’t actually in the dash. Its actually in the trunk (talk to ford, I have NO clue why). So my adapter plugged in back there, and I ran a cable (looks like a heaphone cable) from the trunk, under the plastick edging near the doors (completely covers the wire) and then under the driver’s seat to the center console. Install leaves no noticble cables anywhere really.

But like I said it depends on your car. Your car may have you plug the adapter into the head unit (in the dash). Then you can run the wires from behind the dash and keep them out of sight. There are many ways to do this, and your mechanic friend mught be useful to show you how it can be done. But really, you can do a pretty good job pretty easily. My install took about 30 minutes really.

And like I said before, I can prob help you find an adapter if you need. You can also try yourself on www.crutchfield.com . They have you put in your car, and they’ll tell you which adapters work with your specific car. Just choose Auxillary Adapters, and that should get you on the right track.

Good luck.

jl

there’s no need to catch up… i never do… i just jump back in…

And, on occasion, is completely lost. (Snicker.)

If you want to play your track list through the speakers- the best bet is to use a laptop with a text-speech-converter, you can also do voice commands also- very handy. Other than that you have to set your phasers to stun (as in this stuff is even to high tech for me).