NERD CORNER: Which Godzilla era is the best?

NERD CORNER: Which Godzilla era is the best?

5 Likes

The one with the yellow monkey.

7 Likes

I know there is a lot of eras and that Japan takes the brunt of the damage. That’s the extent of my knowledge.

7 Likes

My youth era.

4 Likes

If you’re into Kaiju stuff, check out Ultraman some time, it’s an absolute gold mine of episodic scifi.
Shin Ultraman and Ultraman Rising are both very good movies for different reasons, and we’re so lucky to have had them so recently.

3 Likes
12 Likes

??

5 Likes

The ending to the Disney film we wanted. Though, Godzilla should gotten that thumper rabbit too.

5 Likes

Never was a fan of Godzilla, King Kong and the other oversized creatures

Dr Pepper Japan GIF

10 Likes

How about when the oversized creatures attack a parade route?

9 Likes

Not a Godzilla expert here

6 Likes

I’m bad.

I know that these eras exist (and are named after the emperor of Japan at the time) and that there are differences, but… I couldn’t tell you the differences offhand. Some are cheesier than others. Godzilla Minus One is AMAZING. The U.S. Monsterverse is… fun, but is too Hollywood.

So, um… Go go Godzilla.

7 Likes

Depending on age, Godzilla & King Kong made good baby sitters with my family & friends.

7 Likes

No idea. Godzilla was never a favorite character of mine.

This one maybe? Heisei godzilla.

6 Likes

No comment

5 Likes

I consider Godzilla Minus One to be the best film of the entire series, but my favorite era is the Showa era because I grew up watching those on television and at the theaters. I dragged my poor parents to the last few of the Showa era films that were the silliest of the bunch.

9 Likes

None of them. Clearly not nerdy enough to watch any of them.

4 Likes

Son of Godzilla (1967)

ezgif-7-3192c5b41f

9 Likes

White & nerdy references star trek to wars, but nothing about Godzilla. So, our nerdy card is still valid.

8 Likes

Bambino vs. Gadzrilla for @RebelTaz

4 Likes