NERD CORNER: Which Godzilla era is the best?

Blue Oyster Cult

4 Likes

I hate to admit it but I did like the guy in the suit who just bashed up a model of a city, that was pretty entertaining when I was a kid. Probably had more to do with being young than anything else but I liked those movies.

3 Likes

Flying Inoshiro Honda GIF by Turner Classic Movies

No idea. Mothra is in there somewhere, though.

6 Likes

Toss in some ULTRAMAN

4 Likes

Huh. To me, the only Godzilla eras are Black & White vs. Color.
Somehow my life has not been enriched by learning there are Godzilla eras.

King Of The Monsters Godzilla GIF by Turner Classic Movies

5 Likes

Zoom In Ghidorah The Three-Headed Monster GIF by Turner Classic Movies

My favorite Godzilla adversary across all eras. King Ghidorah. Also known as Monster Zero.

3 Likes

SON OF GODZILLA! I have been a GODZILLA fan since the 60s. Mothra, Ghidra, Rodan, Spiga… all pale in comparison. I do feel bad for mini Tokyo having to be rebuilt so often, but nobody gets injured ( except for the occasional paper cut)

3 Likes

Godzilla Minus One Minus Color captured the essence of the first Godzilla 1954. The lack of color made you focus more on the characters and subtitles than visual effects

2 Likes

OG

Ishiro Honda Godzilla GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

4 Likes

I don’t know much about the eras, but I do know that I have a preference for the OG big guy.

3 Likes
1 Like

Happy Friday, ya’ll

Celebrate King Kong GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong

3 Likes

I saw the first Godzilla with the Raymond Burr dub in 1957. I remember being terrified!

2 Likes

This too

4 Likes

Godzilla fans should watch the uncut, undubbed version with Raymond Burr added into it. Has subtitles. Far superior to the Godzilla movie we all know and love.

2 Likes

Orange monkey

All the little comedic reliefs in the old moves.

2 Likes

Even after voting for my favorite, I clearly do NOT know my Godzillas :joy:

1 Like

IMG_1295
Orig is always the best

3 Likes

Really Bambi took out a 300-400 ft monster, who apparently has binoculars that match his massive size, with a machine gun? The Japanese airforce and navy fired missles! Yes, yes, it is amazing that Bambi survived being stepped on and speak to more going on in this universe, but he needed to bring more heat.

1 Like