Netgear 802.11g USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter

Price comparator post ! - Manually optimized searches for relevant results

Refurbished Netgear 802.11g USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter, for $7.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Netgear WG111 802.11g USB 2.0 Wireless Adapter

To access the price comparator links, click here
Single-click comparison for this item

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

this could be useful if everything I owned didnt all ready have a wireless connection

thanks but no thanks to this one woot good price though

mac compatible?

bought this on a previous woot and was never able to make it work.

75/100 on alatest and seriously like a couple hundred reviews compiled. not bad…
http://alatest.com/reviews/firewall-broadband-router-reviews/netgear-wg111/po3-15777192,72/

I bought this in a previous woot and it worked, but it crashed my system and randomly failed and I would have to unplug and plug it back in. I upload a lot, so that might be it, but the crashing was a PITA. I got the updated driver and that did nothing. I checked out the support forums and there are many users with the same problems and NetGear refuses to help them because it would mean they would have to admit they have an inferior product.

Probably OK for short-term use, but stay away if you’re using it on a desktop that’s always on.

do these work in promiscuous mode on Linux?

ooo perfect, this will replace the patch cables that are lying on my floor, thanks sellout woot

Is this good for WEP cracking?

Can two of these talk to each other – directly – or is it necessary to use a wireless router?

Using one now. Noticed when forced to visit wally world for a new cable modem earlier they were priced @ 49.97

I already have 2 of these I purchased before and they work great with my Netgear Wireless router. I have no issues. I’m in for 2 more for gifts!

I had 2 of these, also refurbished, come with a wireless extender I bought off Woot. One of them I’m still using today on an old laptop; I’ve never had a problem. The other never worked at all.

It’s funny that this is mentioned in every post. Most of the time it’s a joke, but it is actually a reasonable question. I will get a lot of hate for this, but oh you sad Windows users. You don’t realize that most things that are “windows only” can actually work on a mac. Two examples. First, a windows media mouse I bought about 1 year ago. It was made by Microsoft and was only compatible with windows. I plugged it in to my Windows XP version PC, and could not get it to work fully. I downloaded the drivers but there were still some problems. So I decided I would try it on my mac. Just like in the old apple tv ads, I literally just plugged it in and it worked perfectly. A windows only mouse worked better on my mac than my pc. Second example. Just bought a Targus windows only numeric keypad for my mac. Of course it says windows only but once again I just plugged it in and it worked fine. No drivers to download or install. So after this totally meaningless rant, we are back to the original question, Is this mac compatible? In this case it isn’t! HA! Can’t win them all. I actually bought this accidentally, thought is was for both Mac and PC, but it only works on a PC. Oh well, I am really bored so I passed some time.

somebody help me please! do i need a netgear router or will this work with a linksys router too!

I was all ready to click the button, till i seen re ferbed, I think I will wait till morning, see the comments and if it is sold out…

It will work with linksys.

ok thanls!

This adapter can work with Linksys router, but please notice this adapter gets very hot after hours usage, and may begin to drop signal.