Netgear 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter - 2 Pack

I have the 802.11B version (older) and it’s absolute crap. I’ve tried every version of driver known to man for it and it still drops my wireless connection about 3 mins after bootup. If I unplug it, then plug it back in, it works fine.

Hey, Refurbished rocks…and you know it was tested…so it works!!!

$9.99 each at CompUSA…in store only though. Definately worth the trip to CompUSA to get them at half the price.

Edit:
The CompUSA site has an easy search on the product page to see if it is available at your local store(s). I decided to check and found that none of the 5 stores within 21 miles have it in stock, so it may not be easy to get at that price from CompUSA.

I own this, its not bad, but they shouldn’t be used with desktops, their signal strength isnt as good as a $20 PCI wireless card. They are best used with laptops as a result of their dimuntive size.

Ah, but I will need more information…

TiVos only work with the Netgear WB111 if it starts with serial numbers WG72 or 130.

What are these?

Is this compatible with TiVo??

Great product.

Not a very woot-ish price, though.

I bought one of these awhile back off ebay and paid around 30-40 just for the one. I must say it has worked flawlessly and is 100% plug & play. Too bad this deal wasn’t around back when I was looking for wireless cards.

woot must have something against mac!

Still wired with my desktop… But again, I don’t carry my desktop around… Maybe a wireless router+adapter combo someday?

Methinks this woot is good… alas, my computers are connected already.

Froogle: Froogle!

$26.50 cheapest I could find from a retailer I trust. Not a bad woot, value-wise. I just don’t need one. You could make a Wok Wifi Antenna with these though. I made one. It works.

Specs:

Manufacturer’s link

This would be a great present for my mother. Maybe then she’d cut the cord.

yeah! where are our mac woots??

I want 802.11n!

Anyone know what chipset these use?

More manufacturer rejects to pawn on the masses…

BAD WOOT.

Link to CompUSA for $9.99 each

http://www.compusa.com/products/products.asp?N=0&Ntt=wg111&Ntk=All&Nty=1&D=wg111&Dx=mode%20matchall

This is a decent price for 802.11g dongles, but I’ve never had anything but problems with Netgear stuff - so I guess I’ll pass this time.