Netgear 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter - 2 Pack

boo. i got this before when it was only 1 for like $17.99… it broke after a few months…
and now 2 for $19.99?!?! too bad.

no, you have to have an approved one by tivo. they pretty much force you into buying their overpriced tivo brand wireless adapter.

Google Product Search

x2 the price on froogle because its 241!

Will this work with an xbox 360 in place of the 100 dollar router

This is such a piece of trash. I bought one months ago. Died early. Okay if you never never never ever jar the piece of crap. PIECE OF CRAP ! ! !

Probaby won’t work on series two Tivo

Generic USB 802.11g adapters are usually $10 on sale at Fry’s.

This deal is essentially the Netgear brand @ Brand X sale prices.

If you have Netgear’s router with their special mode of 108 transmission this should add extra value for you.

I’m not exactly in deep need of more adapters, so I’m going to sleep.

Good luck!

Jon

I had one of these a year ago, and it didn’t work on my Series 2 TiVo. Had to wind up buying TiVo’s overpriced adapter because they’re so specific about what you can use with em.

I had these. Bought Re-Furbies from Woot. It was good to have two because they would heat up and stop working, so I would switch them. They both burned out within a few days of each other, after less than one year of use. Granted, I used them full time to glom on my neighbors unsecured wireless.
I went out and bought a Buffalo which works great so far!

Some do, some dont. It depends on if they are v2 or v1. The v2’s dont work with Tivo if i remember right.

not a bad deal. I’ve used these before at work, good product… dont expect to to last more than 5 years though… not happening

Maybe if you have two computers

i don’t exactly know what these are for. what other hardware do you need to be able to use these??

Bought one last time. Just tried to use it tonight and found out why they are giving this thing away. It’s junk!

Meh. No WPA or WPA2? Great if you’re one of the 90% of people who think that WEP security is actually worth the 15 seconds it takes to activate it.

if only a laptop were offered prior to this. Sure, it works on desktops, but no need for WL in a studio apartment. Call me lazy, but WL also sounds more trouble than it’s worth… at least for now

I have no wireless experience, so please excuse the dumb noob question: do you need any other hardware to use these to connect, like a router? Or can you just literally plug one into, say, a printer, the other into your PC, and (with the drivers installed) use them in place of a cable? Can you also use them to connect two PCs in a limited way…?

hey, I got one of these when they were Wooted new.
It was, and continues to be shitty; poor reception, confusing directions
I’d suggest that getting two refurbs is no bargain

Theses last few woots have been amazing! WOw. I thinks these is good deal too only because my wife works for netgare. Still very nice product! Happy woots!

LOve u

Nice! 2 for Tuesday!

Too bad I just got a bunch of them on ebay.

Mfg Linky: http://www.netgear.com/Products/Adapters/GWirelessAdapters/WG111.aspx