NETGEAR AC3200 Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi Router

NETGEAR AC3200 Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi Router

Is it worth it? Any recommendations?

1 Like

I have the same question. Is it worth it to get a factory refurbish? It works well? I want to buy one to replace the one I rent from provider which cost me $15/month

This model isn’t the latest/greatest. It supports 802.11ac aka WiFi 5, which is the previous generation. IMHO, you would get longer useful life by choosing a WiFi 6 router with WPA3 support rather than this one.

2 Likes

You rent a router from your provider or a modem?

I would say to buy your own rather than renting any decent one

1 Like

Bought one in July, worked really good out of the box (refurbished); after 40 days all leds were blinking and no response; woot! only offers 30 day warranty/refund, and I was out of luck. Still working the warranty/refund claim with manufacturer (their warranty/refund is for 90 days).
Refurbished is tempting (price is a lot less than new), but look for new on this type of equipment.

Not in my book!! Got this unit and had trouble getting it setup without issues. Called Netgear and was informed that since it was a refurbished unit from a third party seller the 90/90 warranty was NO GOOD!!! Run away fast, cause if there is a problem the only recourse you have is to return it and start over!!!

Hi there, sorry to hear about the setup issues. To initiate a return, please contact Woot CS.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like