NETGEAR N600 Wireless-N Dual Band Router

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

NETGEAR N600 Wireless-N Dual Band Router
$34.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Checks out Amazon!

This is a great deal! I paid $80 very recently for this same router and it works great. Get this while you can!

Great deal for dual-band router!

Bummer, not supported by DD-WRT.

good god, what’s with the blue orb?

Throws a Netgear N600 Youtube review into the mix.

This model has an awesome and/or annoying blue light at the top that turns itself on every time the unit resets. I think it can be set in the web UI to flash on activity, with each LED corresponding to one of its multiple antennas, but I wouldn’t know for sure. What I do know for sure is, the plastic dome is the off switch — just push it briefly to douse the blaze.

This is exactly what i use at home! This an excellent router and I would definitely recommend picking up one!

Could anyone please tell me if this router will work on AT&T Broadband (formerly BellSouth)? I need a new router, but any type I have purchased refuses to work with my internet service. AT&T offers one for $100, which is exactly the one that is broken on my desk.

Thank you

well played woot… 2 for tues, 2 bands (dual band)… that being said, i have extensive experience with netgear routers, and i have 1 word for you… RUN

Huh, it’s not supported by OpenWRT, either.

For those of us who don’t speak DD-WRT lingo.

I’m sure my experience was the exception and not the rule, but I bought one of these brand new awhile back to replace my Linksys WRT54G on my home network when it died and it worked flawlessly for all of 2 days after installation.

Amazon ranking:

5 star:
(75)
4 star:
(28)
3 star:
(7)
2 star:
(14)
1 star:
(41)

kind of bottom-heavy for my taste . . .

Holy crap…this is a great deal. I just bought one of these about two months ago for double this price. The USB port is kind of slow for use as a media NAS, but it’s perfect for backup or centralized document storage. The GUI on the web interface is pretty clean and the ability to set up guest networks and web access to your home LAN is pretty nice too. I’m running two desktops, two laptops, two cell phones, an Xbox360, a Roku and some other wifi gadgets through it with great speed all around.

It can be turned off, thank goodness.

My cable co gave me one of these for free, it was terrible. Would inexplicably slow to a crawl and require a reboot every other day or so. Got tired of that after about a week and went back to my trusty Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 that ran for months at a time without rebooting.

Have needed a router upgrade for a while. Current one has two huge antennas and lacks a glowing celestial sphere. Perfect timing!