NETGEAR N600 Wireless-N Dual Band Router

It’s probably the phone. If you are not using a DECT 6.0 phone, then you’ll experience RF fratricide.

this will go nicely with my new roku bought earlier! Woot…you’re taking all of my $$$$$

Got this last week for my dorm room, which “doesn’t allow routers” because they charge for internet access… but I won’t get started on that… Great router… The WPS coupled with not broadcasting my ssid should keep my “technologically” advanced school off my back.

I bought one of these when they were up last time. I set it up at my mother’s place so our mobile stuff would work down there. She says it is awefully bright, but other than that it has worked fine! My Belikin at home has been giving me trouble, and I’m thinking about getting another for my place!

I bought this on the last go-round. Nice, adequate performer, and fixed my problem with the Google TV (too much 2.4 Ghz activity around).

One thing I especially like is the parental controls. Netgear hooked up with OpenDNS to provide a real end-to-end solution - any DNS request to a website excluded will push over to an error page. Simple, elegant, and covers all the computers (PCs, smart phones, tablets). I was in the process of setting up a proxy to capture web requests to do filter, but this provides a comparable solution. Plus, my Internet access feels faster, since OpenDNS beats the pants off my ISP DNS services.

I have never had a problem. Then again I don’t try to transfer large files over wifi. You will get better speeds wired no matter what your configuration is.

I’ve had one from the last time this was on woot-- bought it on a whim because we were pretty sure our years old linksys was on it’s way out, but we weren’t 100% sure it was the router, so we thought we’d give a new one a shot.

After we hooked up the netgear, all our issues went away. It’s been working effortlessly for our pretty basic uses in a small home. Streaming video from PC to PS3, xbox live gaming, laptop and PC internet use, that kind of thing.

Re DD-WRT: Several people are reporting it is working. Support is just not yet official.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=79102&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wndr3400&start=195&sid=1d7fe5227aaa448d629160c21ad04bef

Had one for a couple of years and we also use vonage. Never had a problem with it. HD movies through the PS3. On the phone, somebody on the computer. Totally trouble free and this is a great price.

If I ever get my hubby to answer his phone, he had said he wanted one when it was a good price…so i guess I will stare at it while I wait…!!

I currently use DD-WRT on my Linksys routers. I’m able to enable a guest SSID that I apply QoS to so that all of my internal traffic gets priority over the guest access.

But my two trusty old WRT54Gs are gettng a bit long in the tooth. I see that the Netgear does Guest SSIDs and QoS. My question is this: can I apply QoS to a guest SSID?

I’m trying to lookup the docs on the netgear site. Woot, is this a WNDR3400v1 or WNDR3400v2? The docs are different:

Yes, I know this is a wootoff and my chances of getting an answer are very small. But if I don’t ask I’m guaranteed not to get an answer. I am Lloyd: “So you’re saying I have a chance!”

Anyone? Bueller?

Is it a 2.4ghz phone? That’s probably your issue. Get a 5.8ghz or DECT.

I own this router, it sucked until I flashed it with dd-wrt. It would randomly lose my internet connection. Rock solid with dd-wrt.

THat is almost certainly due to your current wifi router using the same channel as your 2.4ghz cordless house phone.

Change the channel your router is set to use. If it is on channel 1, move it to 11. If 11, change it to 1. (I don’t remember which is closest to the 2.4ghz phones.)

I’m confident that will fix your disconnects.

– Steve

For those who want it, here is the docs.
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/WNDR3400/Documentation/UM/WNDR3400_UM_31AUG2010.pdf

This is a decent router, especially at the 35 buck price.

Do not buy this for the NAS functionality, however, because it is very slow.

They are using the same frequency. There may be a switch on your phone base that allows you to switch. Otherwise, check the router configuration software - it should allow you to pick one of several different frequencies to avoid interference with your other electronic devices and those of your (close) neighbors.

I waited for this deal since beginning of Thanksgiving week. Waited and waited and nothing. So, just last week, I bought Linksys E3000 over at Newegg for $75 after tax. If woot has this offer last week, I would have bought it right then. Oh well…

Unless you have no wiring in your house and use wifi exclusively. Not to mention not owning a new enough machine that has gig e-lan. I actually bought one of these a while back. Works well, the readyshare storage is decent. I have been happy with it. Easy to set up, I have coverage in my entire house (it is centrally mounted just below the ceiling), and I have used manual and wps connection. Streams nicely to my wii and blu-ray. Cheers!

yes true in OPEN space it can.
we each see things differently
I am no longer a gamer n i also dont need to upgrade constantly.