NETGEAR Orbi Home Mesh WiFi System

NETGEAR Orbi Home Mesh WiFi System

Do not buy. I bought Orbi last year on a Black Friday sale. It was cumbersome to set up, needed 45 minutes on the phone with Netgear support in order to get them functioning properly. Then, it mostly worked fantastic, blazing fast WiFi in the house, in the driveway, in the backyard, etc. Then it got funky. Nothing changed on my network, but Orbi started dropping connections. I would then have to power cycle all three units and wait 45 minutes to an hour while they all figured out what they were supposed to do. The frequency of the requisite power cycles increased until it was a tad more than once a week. Then, it quit altogether. By this point, I was well past the 90 day Netgear support window so if I wanted to talk to support, I would have to buy a 6 month “subscription” for $89.99. I spent WAY too much time on Google trying to find a solution and found I was not alone. The best part, is the satellites were triggering DOS attack shutdowns because they were trying so hard to connect to the router. Thankfully Costco has a great return policy and I was able to bring them back. I’ve replaced Orbi with Eero and could not be more pleased. Less than 10 minutes per satellite and it was up and running with full functionality. Not one dropped connection yet.

1 Like

^
This. When it connected it was awesome, but then it would disconnect over and over. I ended up returning it.