NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 WiFi Router

NETGEAR R6700 Nighthawk AC1750 WiFi Router

Only supports 4tb and smaller usb drives. Nice otherwise.

Anyone know if this is v1 or v2? Amazon review:

3.0 out of 5 stars [Do not trust the specifications shown within the Amazon page. They are for the R6700 not the R6700v2 they are shipping!]

March 5, 2018

In all honesty, this is certainly a capable router and will be a good fit for many. It will provide fantastic speeds and will be a nice upgrade for older routers not capable of keeping up with the increasing internet speeds provided today by most ISPs.

Unfortunately, Netgear decided to dramatically change the internal components and then still sell it under the same name (R6700). With that said, Amazon has a little product alert indicating either R6700 or R6700v2. Well, they are shipping the R6700v2 which does not match some of the specifications shown on this page (in particular the CPU speed).

I know because after receiving a router that did not match, they offered to replace it and send the first version of the router (the one with the higher clock speeds as indicated on the actual product details) and ended up receiving the same thing (another V2).

I will say that for those interested in a router that will not be flashed with custom software or that will not use other more advanced functions a router can provide, this is no problem. For those of us that know the hardware and know what we are expecting, that is a problem.

I have it a 3 star because any company that makes an original version with better specs and then turns around and significantly changes this without changing the model number and making minor modifications on the box (see amazon’s own photos - both boxes are pictured) simply does not deserve my trust. Speaking of ratings, many of the ratings you see here are lumped up with other Netgear products and also apply to the original more capable version.

I encourage you do your research and check reviews from different sources. This way, you will not be disappointed with the V2 that you will receive. I hope this help you make your decision!

I bought brand new from Netgear site. The 5Ghz band died after 4 months use. No acknowledgement from Support. Forums say it’s a problem.