Netgear RangeMax 240 MIMO-G Wireless Router

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/RangeMax240WirelessRouters/WPNT834.aspx

Not a another netgear referb! Geeze! Its like every week theres one!!!

I wonder if this one comes with the installation CD? the others didnt and you cant get it from netgear, I spent hours on netgear chat trying to get one. Offshore support and they werent very helpful or nice.

I’ll pass and stick with the linksys stuff. Night woot.

Why do I have to be broke right now? This is THE top-rated router on the market for throughput. Grrr…

I was bored and wanted to listen to the Wootcast… but it doesn’t exist for this product. Does it usually come up later?

Wouldn’t this fit the meter better:

Router! Router! thwarting hacks
Evil worms and DoS attacks
What malicious, sneaky jerk
Could breach my wireless network?

Wm. Blake RoXXors!

This is how these things basically work, they broadcast over a bunch of channels, so theoretically you can get 54mbps on each channel (if it is far enough from the next closest used channel), and certain wireless cards support data transfers on multiple channels. I have a different kind, it noticeably boosts speed on cards that support running on multiple channels, but didn’t make a difference for regular wireless cards. YMMV.

My question is this. How much better is the range on this thing? The range on mine isn’t any better at all.

More importantly-does this have QoS? Packet shaping? What tools are available through the firmware? Mine currently has neither of the above, but if this had both, it may be time for me to woot again.

is this one better because it has 3 antennae? most netgears just have 1 or 0.

Used & Refurbished (2 Sellers from $87.00) I think I will wait till it goes under $50

Great router, really works well, but I don’t need one…or two…or three. Night all. ZZZZZ

Netgear refurbs have been pretty stable for me.

Do you not say it “dee oh ess?” I totally thought you said it “dee oh ess.”

Where are the pricing links? Come on people get with the program.

Not me. I’d rather pay less and get the exact same product, except the one I got was tested before being sent out…but that’s just me I guess…it’s your money to waste…

Are there any bit-torrent junkies out there that use this router and can confirm that it doesn’t overheat?

I got he last netgear here for like $35 or something, I don’t really remember (even though it is sitting right next to me!). It completely totally sucks, I’m pretty much constantly downloading stuff and uploading stuff and this thing poops out instantly if I’m downloading and uploading anything at the same time for longer than 10 minutes. I constnatly have to switch between going straight into the router and straight into my cable modem whenever I want to either download or use the wireless because I simply can not do both. The router is notorious for overheating, so I guess it’s my fault for impulse buying.

I will buy this router if it doesn’t overheat.

More antennas is always better. What kind of question is that? More antennas means more antenna balls you can place on it. You can have your mickey mouse antenna ball, minnie mouse antenna ball, and then your garfield antenna ball.

Does anyone know if these are as prone to overheating as other Netgear routers have been?

Monday-Friday only for Podcasts.

no podcast on the weekends.

next woot…antenna balls

Tyger Tyger Burning Bright - Nice job Woot!