Netgear RangeMax Next Wireless-N Router

no podcast tonight?

Actually have one of these… good router.

And btw, bonus points to Woot for salvaging a bad description with the Napoleon Dynamite reference cleverly thrown in. :slight_smile:

wireless n is still in draft
i wouldn’t get it yet

802.11a,b,g for wireless signals
different speeds of wireless signals

Will this work, OR can it be flashed to support N once the decide on a standard ?

Wow i can’t believe it, i just bought one of these things at best buy for a hundred bucks… it’s great i love it!

Not sold on Wireless N… Will wait for the full standard to come out… Don’ t feel the price is that good either… The Bellcan Wireless G router at Circuit city is 39.99 and got one exactly like it on sale at Walmart for 29.99… Do not feel this is a good woot.

I bought one and returned it(Fry’s Electronics). It was worse than 802,11b reception. A lot better price than I bought though…

I stick with my Linksys…

Solid woot though

eBay is Cheaper for a brand new one :slight_smile:

Had nothing but problems with netgear~~~Oh well well woot another day!!

I have one for gaming, works fine however I have not noticed the difference I was hoping for.

As a warning the N standard hasn’t been ratified, so it is possible all this pre-N stuff won’t be any good when they get around to finishing the standard. Given how much pre-N stuff is out there though, that is pretty unlikely. And we’ll see if they ever do “finish” the standard.

But how long has this been out? Not long right, and Woot already has enough refurbs for all of us! I hope tomorrow is Pre-N USB cards!

Hello?!?!? It’s REFURBISHED. And it recieved bad customer reviews at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-WNR854T-RangeMax-Wireless-Gigabit/dp/B000FGI970

BTW, it’s a below $130 at Amazon for a new router

N is good. i wish i could use this. my dad just gave me back an N router and PCMCIA card cause he converted to AT&T cable TV and cable broadband internet last week. They are going to kick comcast’s butt out of Houston, I predict.

Are these the units that loose the connections after 10 min ?
I’m hoping not

Wireless-N won’t be standardized for another year, so this thing will probably be obsolete/incompatible at that time :frowning:

Great deal otherwise!

Good lord looks like a Mac style router or something from a Pier One Imports!

Fancy but I just bought another WRT54G… :confused: almost pay day though!

Have another netgear that I use, not this particular model. Good range, very reliable. Works a thousand times better than my roomates d-link. Also had a usefull feature to automatically update IP address with dyndns.org wihtout having to run that little client on my desktop. Usefull feature if you run a server off your cable or DSL line.

has decent resale on ebay but i dont think it would do so well because its refurbished.

does anybody know if they come in the same box that a new one would?!?!?!?!?!?!

Refurbished wireless-N router? And wireless-N has been around how long?

If there are already enough defective units for a woot, this thing must be a complete turd. PASS.