Netgear RangeMax Next Wireless-N Router

Just another comment, doesn’t need software, its a router! and your computer connects to IT. Also the serial number should be on the bottom of it or at the back by the plugs. Again, I got mine from woot with not problems at all. It even upgraded itself when I logged into the admin setup.

Subpar isn’t the word, zero to nil is. Celluar phone can only get signal next to one window in the whole house. However, like I said, I get nearly full signal inside my detacted garage which in “line of sight” from router to garage, signal is blocked by 3 brick walls and of course the garage wall!

now Woot makes me sad!
i bought this exact router 69.99$ at bestbuy about 2 months ago!
router is great, no disconnects or anything!

I have a different version…blinking blue lights one I got from woot, it works excellent. The people above me are able to steal my internet…lol

Has anyone heard of trying to bridge two of these together? I’m looking for a better solution for sharing internet between two heavy computer use apartments.

i’ve just had enough bad experience with the brand to turn me off forever… and thankfully make me not regret the wireless router i just got for my apartment… which works just dandy, thanks.

I one of these too. I got it a long time ago from dell. Mine does the same thing. Drops all connections and I have to power cycle it. It has cool features like updating the firmware straight from the web browser interface accross the internet. I am ready to replace it.

I bought two of these from WOOT during one of the last woot offs.
One of them has been a champ, no dropped connections and no reboots. Running in conditions which my WRT54gV3 will not. Aka, in a attic in Florida while acting as a VPN concentrator for OPENVPN and PPTP plus being a bridge/repeater in temperatures of 115-120F+.
The other runs well but feels the need to shut down its wireless card rare occasions. Im unsure if its a software glitch with DD-WRT that I caused or a hardware problem.

I don’t see why these routers get a bad name. Kill the netgear firmware put DD-WRT on it and you have a excellent router.

Best. Product. Info. Ever.

I got one during a woot off several months ago for more money. I love it, never had any problems.

Don’t buy it!!! I bought this router during the last woot off, and it works intermittently for 5 minutes at a time. Since I work from home using VPN, this is a huge problem, and I am now using it as paper-weight. Wish it had been included in the bag of crap, because I think this crap is worth $1 and no more

I have one of these refurbished units. Running the latest version of the Netgear firmware and it runs like a champ. The installation software is built into the router. Plug it into a wired computer and open a web browser and it will auto launch.

I have two wired desktops, two wireless laptops, and a Netflix Roku box, and a network laser printer running through it in a standard 2 story home and have not had a single issue.

Will this wirelessly send my lunch to me from the kitchen?

Last summer I was very excited with Netgear Rangemax. Wireless-N was advertised as huge difference …may be its true. But in reality I was disappointed. Line got disconnected frequently and it was kind of unstable router compared to Linsys G Router. I sold that in craigslist in half of the price I spent in Woot.

I just bought one of these from another online company. It’s refurb’d. I can connect to the admin pages, but I can’t connect to the Internet.

So… I call Netgear’s tech support. Because it’s refurb’d, they won’t help me - I have to email them instead. So I’m already irritated, but I send them email. They send me basic suggestions - stuff I already tried because I know what I’m doing. I email them back telling them that their suggestions didn’t work. Guess what - they reply WITH THE EXACT SAME THINGS copied/pasted from their stock list of suggestions.

Don’t buy this item. It’s not Woot’s fault - Netgear stinks.

I Don’t get the description. Please help the stupid people.

Dear Sellout.woot Web Designer,

#FF0000 and/or #0000FF text on a #423962 background is bad! DON’T DO IT AGAIN!

Sincerely,

Me