NETGEAR RBK43 AC2200 Orbi Mesh WiFi

NETGEAR RBK43 AC2200 Orbi Mesh WiFi

How many satellites can you expand the system up to? I have this system already and would like to expand

Recommended max of 6

https://kb.netgear.com/000062035/How-many-satellites-can-you-add-to-an-Orbi-WiFi-System

FYI, this is the AC2200 system. I’m not sure if it’s compatible with the AC3000 system that Woot has also sold. I have the AC3000 system.

Also, you cannot use a router as a wireless satellite. You can have it wired to your main Orbi Router as an AP node but you cannot use it a wireless extension of your network.

1 Like

Found this:

Does Orbi AC2200 models work with AC3000 models?

I get a lot of question about mixing up various Orbi models and specifically mixing AC2200 with AC3000 models. The short answer is that you CAN mix models together with no problem. The only issue is that if you mix an AC2200 unit with an AC3000 unit, the whole system will drop to AC2200 max speed.

For example, assume you have an RBR50 router which is AC3000. You can buy an RBW30 wall-plug satellite (which is AC2200) and connect it to the RBR50. However, the entire network will drop to AC2200.

1 Like

Just grabbed the Orbi last week on Woot and it’s working phenomenally! One of the best mesh systems, definitely safe to trust these off woot! Super easy to set up as well!

1 Like

I’ve had mine for a while now. Love these things.

1 Like

I just picked these up for the two satellites. These have worked great. There were spots in my house it seemed impossible to get the wifi to. My house is long with plaster walls, plaster on metal not wood lathe, and if the router was in one end of the house, it wouldn’t reach the other, and if it was in the middle, it sucked for everywhere. Now I have the modem and Orbi router in the basement, and the whole house gets wifi and I was able to add security cams outside. The price for all three is less than the price of one new, and only slightly more than the average refurb cost of one satellite.

So if you’ve been wanting to try this, I say go for it.