NETGEAR RBK53 AC3000 Orbi Mesh WiFi

NETGEAR RBK53 AC3000 Orbi Mesh WiFi

Love these things and have used them for almost 2 years. The provide great coverage. The new version is enticing but a scary $700. The only downside - these support 2.4 and 5ghz but with ONLY one ID. If you use a wireless camera for monitoring, smart plugs or a robot vacuum which only run 2.4ghz, those things have a hard time staying assigned to the network. I added a separate range extender with an assigned 2.4ghz name for those items. Else you’ll find your self walking outside of your 5ghz range but still in your 2.4ghz range to define those devices on your smartphone.

@dsgrey - You can actually separate out the SSIDs via Telnet.

There are instructions on how to do it. It’s just a couple of commands that you have to input.

The downside with the ones that I have, is that it seems like every firmware upgrade breaks things. I have kept mine on 2.3.5.30 for a while now because the newer firmwares don’t work…

1 Like

Does this have only 2 ports per device as shown in the picture or 4 ports that are in the description:
Maintains speed even as more devices use your WiFi at the same time, thanks to patented Tri-band technology. 4 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports on satellites and router

Ports :
1 WAN and 3 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports (Router)
4 LAN Gigabit Ethernet ports (Satellites)

Specs also mention newer version:

• One Orbi Router (RBR50v2)
  • Two Orbi Satellites (RBS50v2)

so it would seem the pictures are incorrect? Just want to make sure what will be ordered.

1 Like

Hi there. Yes, we have the wrong photos. We’re trying to locate correct ones.

1 Like

Great! Thank you!

anyone using these for gaming? any lag while pwning knobs?

I don’t seem to notice any lag with my xbox or switch but I’m not the greatest at pwning knobs.