Netgear Wireless-N Wi-Fi Range Extender

I would advise anyone considering a device like this to just put your money towards a new wifi router or wireless access point. I was never happy with the performance of mine (2500 version), and my new router completely removed the necessity of even owning an extender.

I agree with this comment 100 percent for a vast majority of people. I have used extenders, repeaters, routers configured as AP’s, etc throughout my house over the years. Finally broke down and bought a new A/c router (Netgear 6300 v2) which placed somewhere near the middle of my house gives me wonderful coverage throughout the house. And the speeds are pretty amazing.

Having said that if you are completely unable to locate your router in a reasonable location this does offer an alternative. Just beware it is highly unlikely you will get the kinds of speed you are from your initial router. At least I never could.

And if all this talk of networking makes your head spin here is a series of articles on c/net which actually does a pretty good job of breaking thinks down in easy to understand terms.

In conjunction with putting in my own new D3.0 Modem (purchased right here on Woot!, and is once again today’s woot! and I highly recommend) I also went out and bought a nice Dual band AC wireless router. Just doing that eliminated the vast majority of issues in my house with speed and coverage.

The final piece was not a device like this one, but rather a Powerline Adapter.

You plug one end directly into a wall socket near your router. You run the cable from the router to the adapter in the wall. You plug the other adapter into a wall socket near your Roku or X-Box on the other side of the house and connect it with a cable. Boom. You have a hard wired connection to run the streaming video as if it were connected directly to the router and leaving wifi out of it.

We only did this for the one heavy Netflix/Time Warner Cable App streaming TV.

Nope - Mine wouldn’t even connect to the router or give out a DHCP ip address.

A four-year old Wi-fi extender from netgear is doing better.

I agree, if it’s simply that you have an old router and you aren’t getting good range, it’s probably time to get one of the new AC routers. However, I already have a decent AC router, but my Wi-Fi smart TV has started complaining about the LAN being disconnected (it’s closer to the router than the machine I’m using which has no issue) and figured using this as a hard-wired connection for the TV might alleviate that problem. However, if this router doesn’t really provide decent throughput, I’m probably going to keep looking.

P.S.-- Looked at Newegg and there are 48 5-egg reviews and 46 1-egg reviews. Seems to be an all-or-nothing kind of deal.

I bought one of these last time they were up. After a couple of hours dealing with Netgear support, they determined that the unit was defective. Woot sent a replacement and after several more calls to Netgear (India) the second unit was defective. I will not try this again.

DOA spent 4 hours talking to Netgear and they tell me that I need to wait 10 days for them to issue an RMA. Or I need to go back to woot.com. I cannot connect to the EXT via 192.168.1.250 or the mywifiext.net address. I do not get a valid IP address from the unit.

WHAT HAPPENED WOOT?

They one I received appears to be V1 as there is nothing appended after the router name on the back like this amazon picture with V2:

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with the extender you ordered.

If you haven’t already, please email into support@woot.com and let them know what’s going on. They’ll be more than happy to help answer any questions or concerns you have with your purchase.

RogeTray:

The last comment on this previous page post actually worked last night!
http://sellout.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6151657&pageindex=1&replycount=25

By: user: “kleucht”
“configure your computer to a static IP address (192.168.1.100), netmask is 255.255.255.0, and connect to http://192.168.1.250 to access WN2000RPT GUI”

from WN2000RPT FAQs | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Before the final step in the extender’s setup, it connects to your existing router and the Internet so don’t forget to set your IP settings back to DHCP before hitting that final button so it will work as expected!
"

@JMan11, thanks a lot, that worked! Couldn’t get it to connect using options 1 (WSA) or 2 (connecting to www.mywifiext.net), but those instructions did the trick. Now I have to print them off and post them somewhere near the extender so I remember how to do it again. Too bad option 1 didn’t work, it would have been a lot easier.

Woot sent me … two… wait … what…

Mine will not connect to my wi-fi network. Also appears to be a V-1. Tried both connecting options in the handbook multiple times. No luck. Nothing. Nada. Tried tech support at Netgear, waste of time. I bought this as I have a Netgear router, figured they’d be compatible. How do I return and get my money refunded?

I’m sorry for the problem and frustration. Please use the Support form linked at the top of the page to contact customer support for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

i received the V1 version … it did not work… waiting for woot to refund me my 30 bucks…waste of time and money … spent 1 hour with the tech support at netgear only to determine it to be defective… will not buy netgear in the future…
also woot should have displayed the manufacture year for this product… its 2011… had i known… i would not have bought it in the first place…