Netgear WPN111 RangeMax Wireless-G MIMO USB 2.0 Adapter

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

Refurbished Netgear WPN111 RangeMax Wireless-G MIMO USB 2.0 Adapter, for $9.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Netgear WPN111 RangeMax Wireless-G MIMO USB 2.0 Adapter

To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Have one, it has a pretty good range, and the cable helps.
good choice for desktops that dont need super speed or large laptops.

These are pretty decent in a pinch.

I bought one of these about a month ago and it’t pretty much worthless. Gets a poor reception and it doesn’ t come with any software to program it. So if you have no access at all to internet at home or wherever you won’t be able to set this up. Not worth the price. Avoid.

i have one of these from a previous woot. it works ok, xfer rate is a bit slow i think, old technology, but for the price it works. really crappy software, but i had a lot of trouble installing without it as it didnt seem to want to plug and play on xp. went to their website to download drivers. for the price if you need it, its ok, but i would try to get something built in to the pc. for 10 bux what do you expect?

I have that product. Bought it a few years ago for $50. The range is horrible, it dosent work well though walls, defiantly not worth the money.

I would have bought one of these or maybe many more if these would work on a Mac. I’ve searched Google every time these come up and no luck. Oh well, I’ll have to pass.

Bought these on a twofer a ways back. They didn’t work with Vista on my Toshiba Satellite. Though they seem to operate alright with XP.

bought one last time, doesnt work well and has no included install disk. avoid

Question on these, would this help getting a better wireless signal in hotels? Traveling a lot lately and getting crummy signals in hotels.

HELL

YES

In for THREE! Excellent, unsurpassed deal! I got one of these the last time they were up and it works extremely well. With my unusually large wireless network (supporting my complex for internet access and computers), every possible wireless device helps.

Now I can get three more computers in the hands of other needy homeless youth… well, such as myself. =)

Bought this on woot, I think same price. Didn’t work for me though. Anybody with a link to the driver?

Use common hardware sense. Netgear.com, duh! Browse their support pages, locate your product, bam. Not that difficult… actually, not difficult at all.

Newegg Reviews
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833150018&Tpk=Netgear%2BWPN111

Actually it works extremely well and I throw the install discs out anyway (well, not literally, but it gets packed away, unopened, in a drawer of “junk”). ALWAYS use the downloadable driver. What’re you doing complaining about it not coming with an outdated driver anyway?

(edit: The computer I’m using mine on is in a completely different apartment on the other side of the complex. LAWL @ doesn’t work well through walls. rolls eyes)

I have this exact one, and it works well in linux via ndiswrapper. As a matter of fact, it’s more reliable in linux for me than it is in windows, but that’s just me.

AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!!

My girlfriend had one of these and it was a piece of crap! It overheated like every 5 minutes and had poor range! VERY frustrating!!

DO NOT BUY!

Even for 10 bucks when the next runner-up (a B wireless adapter, perchance?) will run you $25 or more?

Yeah, you know, sometimes you just live with the occasional flakiness to get something really cheap.

What good is MIMO without movable antennas?