Netgear WPN824 RangeMax MIMO Wireless Router

Netgear WPN824 RangeMax MIMO Wireless Router
$49.99+ $5 shipping

Bummer…I just bought a Netgear router last week for $40 for my girlfriend…this would have been so much better. MIMO is great for those that just can’t wait for 802.11n to be finalized!

was it worth your $7.97 to get rid of your last woot just for this? You all know that your Beverage of Choice is going to contain at least one of these, right?

Can’t you find a router for cheaper? THis seems $$$ to me when you can get one for $20-$30 at an electronic store.

This router really has some awesome range, but I remember TONS of complaints about it just stopping working (and also dropping connection for like an hour every day) and also the lights sometimes were a little crazy for some people. The LEDs are very bright.

I wonder if they fixed the problems with firmware, or if that is why woot has it, because it was a bad model

Does anyone currently have and use this router? If so…where are the antenna? How is the signal?

Thanks…Markopat

Awesome woot…I’d get it if I didn’t just upgrade to MIMO a month ago.
It’s made a huge difference in the range…I can take my laptop outside now
XD

You seem to be able to get “behind” anything…first you were whoring yourself out for the $5.99 it took to buy a chess game and now its a router…but this time you want the reouter and not the people…?

Absolutely the worst router ever. I wish I didn’t pay full price to discover what a POS this router is.

I think Woot thinks this is Thanksgiving holiday weekend not Easter weekend because I’ve never seen so many turkeys offered for sale. Other Woot-Offs have been engaging, even exciting. This one has been a snorefest.

not bad except i just got a new SMC 108G w/ usb print server for like $65 after mailin … brand new too :slight_smile: not r3furb.

SMC > Netgear

Need a way to get Woot Updates on the road?

Sure you do! With my W00t Checker you can receive updates to changing woots on your phone or other mobile device. Simply set the “Email Updates To:” field to your phone’s email address and presto! When the woot changes you’ll get an email with the current woot and the current price!

Check it out!

http://www.thebostonproject.net/woot.php

Does anyone currently have and use this router? If so…where are the antenna? How is the signal?

Thanks…Markopat

This sounds like a good deal. But I have never heard of Netgear. Is it any good?

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=316096&pfp=cat3&tabtype=rb

basically the same router but 30 cheaper… netgear… 80 mail in rebate tho

Yep…you need a MIMO card to do the MIMO thing

Sorry, not a good woot !I just purchased a D-LINK MIMO/4 port wireless 108/ dual antenna brand new @ Frys’ this week. List $99.99, In-store price $69.99, Rebate $20.00. Total $49.99 NEW…NOT REFURB! I’ll pass.

What kind of cave have you been living in?

Wonderful as a night light at the top of the stairs.
MIMO (Maximum Illumination, Minimum Output)

Can one have to many routers???

I dont know about everyone else , but the lack of external antennas just affects me psycholgically. There’s something about that. Everything radio is supposed to have antenna , right? looks at his cellphone with no antenna