Netgear WPN824 RangeMax MIMO Wireless Router

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Netgear WPN824 RangeMax MIMO Wireless Router
$39.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Refurbished
product(s): 1 Netgear WPN824 RangeMax 108Mbps Wireless Firewall 4-port Router

Prices Free of Wires…
SecretPrices … $61.53 (open box, new) / $88 (new)

PriceGrabber … $49.50 (refurbished) / $82.93 (new)

Froogle … $60 (refurbished)

Prices are pre-shipping and tax. Ratings are mixed, any opinions?

Junk,I tried it. Wouldn’t pay $1. 1st page?
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jeez…you guys still have some of these lying around? didn’t you try to sell them during the last wootoff?

although i did hear they were good…but refurb? cmon now…who wants a refurb router?

Refurb means happiness is not likely. I have enough problems with new routers.

Froogle says - $54.95-99.99 in the lowestness

What a great podcast tonite. Props to Matthew.

I bought this last time around - don’t buy one. It was version 1 of the router (assuming because its refurb.) and there is a version 2 out now that works a ton better. With the refurb version from Woot I got about 5Mbps max BW (couldn’t keep up with my 8Mb connection). Maybe I got a bad one, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

I got it last time it was up here, and what a horrible woot. I paid $49.99 that time, and it was so bad i perferred my $30 d-link router over it. And thats saying alot, because that router is… well… not entirely fuctional.

I don’t believe I stayed up for this.

Interesting, but that 90-day warranty concerns me.

May have to sleep on it.

http://www.scarypersonals.com/images/badge2.bmp

I bought one during the last woot off, but it also had a wireless card with it. So far, so good. It has been working great!

Amazon $93.02
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007U9KAY/

If you’d of thrown in a wireless adapter for laptops or USB, I would have been in. But if not, to get the 108 I have to go out and buy the same model at Best Buy or Circuit City, and the total is going to be a lot more than I am willing to spend for the package.

Thanks and good night!

Do these crap out with excessive bittorrent use… not that i use a bittorrent client… but seriously do they?

yeah it is junk had to return mine

why does thou torment me woot? I just bought this off ebay for about $50. I could’ve saved $5

The Netgear support site which woot provided a link for takes you to an information page which has a Downloads link. When you attempt to download the latest firmware there is a disclaimer that it won’t work with this device, you have to get the newer v2 model in order to use the newest firmware. That sounds like trouble to me - either they screwed up the hardware design and needed a v2 revision or they quit supporting firmware changes for the older v1 model, or both. Either scenario can cause you many headaches down the road and networking just isn’t an area to skimp on to save $10 or so. I would have considered this if it had a print server built in but no dice so no woot for me tonight. See you all tomorrow night to kick off the woot-off!

Tom’s Hardware said it was just OK in the following review:
http://www.tomsnetworking.com/2005/04/08/review_wpn824/
As usual, the sites offers up what is good and bad about the router after putting it through a series of tests.

Hmm… These songs sound a lot like They Might Be Giants music… (this post has no relation to the product but i feel like it should be noted)

My Card is back in my wallet for tonight, I will not love it mo tonight, but hopefully another woot to come will strike my fancy