Neuton CE 5.2 Battery-Powered Lawn Mower

To bad it doesn’t work like a roomba. Automatic.

and yet…still 5 dollar shipping…

The lawn mower is the one device I CAN afford gas for! Nite, woot…

I can’t decide which to say first…

If only I had a lawn to mow…

CE? But does it run Linux?

5.2? Bah! I hear 6.0 is going to rock!

Battery powered? So you mean I have to send it in for battery replacement after only 18 months?

I doubt that you’re a “vegan, environment-loving” anything. Small gas engines put out disproportionately high emissions compared to modern small car engines. Add to that the carcinogenic used oil and the gasoline, and mowers like this are a good idea for small lawns. We’ve used a Black & Decker CMM500 for 8 years and love it. For medium-sized lawns I’d suggest that or the newer version of it. For genuinely small lawns this seems like a good mower. I believe you can get extra drop-in batteries for more runtime…

Alas, there is a lawnmower similar to a Roomba out there!

14 inch cutting swath? It sounds rather small to do an area of any size. Maybe good for mowing in tight spaces.

But for those of us who do not own a lawnmower, or for those whose lawnmower has died, perhaps buying one of these would be smarter environmentally than buying a new gas-powered mower?

What about 2 stroke lawn mowers? Don’t they pollute as much as a hundred cars or some nonsense like that? This would seem to be a great replacement for one of those.

The shipping is free on their site. So, it’s actually saving you $70. No biggie.

I have a small yard and my neighbor has one of these - they are awesome - he can do his yard and the gal’s next door on one charge, he does the front one day and then the back on another day when the grass is quite tall and the drain is higher - they do take a good while to charge, but they are whisper quiet. I will be picking one up at this price, he paid almost double when they first came out - way to go - a great woot! I would have liked the wider model, but this is awesome. NO MORE FUMES, oil, etc. WOOHOO!

I won’t be buying one. I like gas mowers. But to each their own.
I have a very big yard also so I use a riding mower this probably wound’t cut my yard on a charge.

On a side note it looks very cool. If you were going to buy an electric mower this one is nifty looking. Looks very streamlined and space-age. Maybe is could come in different colors like red and blue.

My lawn is less than 300 sq feet, and I have neighbors on two sides that have babies that nap during the day. Oh, and lawnmowers are perhaps the most inefficient gas powered motors made today. I use a push mower now, but if I miss a week the push mower is useless.

This item is available for sale on the manufacturer website and seems to have a MSRP of $399.99.

This is good for a SMALL yard (1/4 acre) … but … the cutting width is only 14 inches.

The newer (and more expensive) CE 6.2 model has a bigger battery and … equally important … a 19 inch blade … spec’d for a 1/3 acre lot.

Still, they’re both MUCH greener than a gas-powered mower which spews LOTS of CO2 into the air …

44.24 circumference
14 inch blade

4347.82 rpm

is this right? If it is a little positive pitch and this thing should hover.

Fact: My Lawnmower is electric…I plug it in…
Fact: To Charge the battery… I would have to plug it in…
Fact: Energy is wasted in conversion between electrical and chemical and then back… it is not magically more efficient
Fact: Going green means buying a plug in mower…

Fact: I will emit more CO2 then my lawnmower…

This is not powered by an outlet, but runs on a BATTERY. Thus, NO DRAGGING A CORD AROUND. The cord you see in the photo is for charging.

sheesh

This has to be the funniest woot I ever seen.

I have this lawn mower. I got it through my power company for $189 and by turning in an old gas mower. It’s not a bad lawn mower. It’s easy to pull out and zip through the small front yard and put away again. The motor does not create enough suction to pull all of the grass clippings into the bag as some of the more powerful gas mowers. It’s got a narrow path and easy to manuver around corners. It’s very light without the battery and easy to adjust the height to cut the grass. I’ve had mine for 5 months without problems.