New Balance Men's Rappel Hikers, USA

How do you remove them at the end of the day?

That’s just what they’ll do.

I love New Balance shoes. I find them to be very comfortable. I always wear a 10.5, but was tempted to get an 11 this time, until an internet sizing chart (not from New Balance) suggested that a 10.5 fits a 10 13/16" foot, and an 11 fits an 11" foot. I measured my foot and found it to be 10.5". Hopefully, these will fit the same as my other New Balance shoes. The sizing chart corresponded correctly with my other New Balance shoes wearing a 10.5, so maybe it will help some of the others out there. It also has suggestions for when to order wide width. How to Measure Your Feet for Shoes

No gortex (didn’t expect it at his price) muchless a water proof membrane. Deal breaker. It did mention how it keeps you feet dry but not HOW. I guess they work if you leave them in the closet.

I remember as a kid going to get new shoes. After being measured for size the sales guy looked up and said “D, for duck.”

I’ve always had trouble finding shoes wide enough. Some shoes I need to go up to 15 to work.

The last two pair of sneakers that have been the most comfortable were New Balance. I’m hoping this translates to these boots because I would like to buy them.

Can anybody tell me how wide is this boot in New Balance sizing? I need a 4wide.

Too bad these don’t have more widths available, as mentioned many times above. Width choices and ‘Made in USA’ are some reasons I usually buy New Balance.
I wear 4E on some shoes, 6E on most boots. Quack-quack.

I have the same question. The wide NB shoes that I’ve purchased in the past have been 4E. Since there are no returns for fit issues, I don’t want to take a chance on the fit until I know what width the wide width is.

Anyone notice that the next to last picture shows a different boot?

I think that I answered my own post. From other sites that have had this shoe (it seems that it has probably been discontinued), W = 2E, and X-Wide = 4E.

I guess they actually are different on one side…

for not much more I would rather get some timberland maddsen.

Are these boots brown or olive drab?

I am always concerned when buying shoes now without trying them on. Especially hiking shoes. I backpack also so I prefer to make sure my shoes fit well. Don’t want blisters like the first time I bought shoes over the internet.

“Were these boots made for walking?
That’s just what they’ll do.”

One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over goo.*

*Yes, I know that’s not the right word, but in my world, that’s what I step in.

So, if you accidentally ship me the wrong size (AS YOU DID WITH MY ROBE!!!)will I have any better luck hearing from customer service? (WHICH NEVER CONTACTED ME!!!)

I’m sorry, radi0j0hn- did you email in with your complaint recently? We should be emailing back within two business days, and I know we’d be totally happy to help: support@woot.com.

No… New Balance is definitely not the only company still making shoes in the US.

Oh, lord no.
Red Wing, Alden, Allen Edmonds, Rancourt, Wolverine, Oak Street Bootmakers, Eastland, Walkover and a bunch more. Don’t ask me how many of the above I have, I don’t want to think about it right now…

Boots arrived and fit great! Got the 14 wide and they are perfect, very comfortable.

Now I’m just new boot goofin’.

[youtube=myC4WUwF4eA][/youtube]

Good woot!
I wore these for quite a few hours yesterday and they felt great.