New image hosting website like Photobucket

Hey everyone,

I just saw this website on another forum and its pretty much like Photobucket, but the good thing about it is you will have unlimited storage spaces + you will earn points for sharing your photo! It’s a pretty interesting concept :slight_smile:

Enjoy! http://www.imagereward.com

And you win a free iPod for signing people up.
//firing up the flame thrower…

Yeah, but they are probably looking for photos and not photo manipulations/creations like we do here on woot.

The reason this company is (probably) looking for photos is to sell them to stock photography companies.

You probably give away all rights to ownership.

From imagereward’s TOS:

ImageReward.com requires a license to your User Content so that it can host your images and other User Content on its servers and otherwise perform the Services. This license is temporary and will terminate once you remove your User Content from Services. Accordingly, in connection with your use of the Services, you grant to ImageReward.com a temporary, universal, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to: use, copy, modify, print, and display any User Content only as necessary to perform the Services and to distribute your User Content in instances where you have (i) made your album public, (ii) posted a link to your album or User Content on another website or (iii) otherwise shared a link or the password to your album or User Content.”

They also say:

"Users are limited to the file size, bandwidth and storage limitations related to their account level. ImageReward.com reserves the right to disable direct linking on user accounts that are using excessive bandwidth or otherwise abusing the system. "

Photobucket contains a nearly identical TOS clause:

Photobucket.com requires a license to your User Content so that it can host your images and other User Content on its servers and otherwise perform the Services. This license is temporary and will terminate once you remove your User Content from Services. Accordingly, in connection with your use of the Services, you grant to Photobucket.com a temporary, universal, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to: use, copy, modify, print, and display any User Content only as necessary to perform the Services and to distribute your User Content in instances where you have (i) made your album public, (ii) posted a link to your album or User Content on another website or (iii) otherwise shared a link or the password to your album or User Content.”

And:

“Users are limited to the file size, bandwidth and storage limitations related to their account level. Photobucket.com reserves the right to disable direct linking on user accounts that are using excessive bandwidth or otherwise abusing the system.”

(Hmmm … identical?)

Imageshack however contains no express statements of that type in their TOS. In fact, they say:

“All files are © to their respective owners. All other content © ImageShack®. ImageShack® is not responsible for the content any uploaded files, nor is it in affiliation with any entities that may be represented in the uploaded files.”

While there is no express bandwidth threshhold prohibition on imageshack, it has been shown that occassionally they’ll disable hot-linking for a specific image if it becomes too highly requested. That’s the exception rather than the rule. 5k or 6k requests per day (the average contest traffic) won’t trigger it.

Nice detective work, Gadget!"

You have alot of time on your hands

Good Work!!!

I don’t know what happened. I was sitting there minding my own business, when suddenly I became aware that I had experienced a blackout. The only telltale clues were an empty can from Diet Coke, and the faint smell of bleach in the air. The post above was apparently made while I was unconscious. Damnedest thing.

That’s scary eerie!!!

*Smirk. Pretty funny. Scary how accurate I was, huh?