(NEW) Master & Dynamic MW07 True Wireless Earbuds

I do worry now about battery but wonder if it is because people keep charging it in the case. If so, that might shorten battery life.

As for the article, the author is not too impressed at $300. He said he would consider at $150.
This is at $32.99. If the battery holds up, I think these are a deal.

Side note: these MW07 were sold also by Louis Vuitton $1000. You can guess if the VL is worth $700 more. Your ears will feel pampered and your wallet will feel lighter. Magical.

4 Likes

That is a good point. And to be fair, I have not used the M+D earbuds for some time, for reasons unrelated to the earbuds themselves.

3 Likes

For battery operated at devices, we are advised not to keep them plugged in. Keeping a battery operated device constantly charging level is a good way to destroy a laptopā€™s battery. Have seen it happen.

Yet, with Bluetooth earbuds, people commonly keep them in a charging case.

Is that not counter to the former advice? Does it not materially decrease cycles that a battery can be expected to be recharged?

2 Likes

Hereā€™s what a WireCutter author has to say about best practices to prolong battery life. Seems sensible:

Key takeaway seems to be to keep it charged in the box IF the charging box is designed to shut down once max charge has been reached. [Maybe a big if - Not sure how to tell if it does not have a readout] But disconnect the box from continuous charging.

2 Likes

Dont see whatā€™s wrong with this price. Looks good to me even for a v1

6 Likes

Got two of them in the mail today, opened one, charged it and the left earbud is dead. Going to try the 2nd oneā€¦

3 Likes

Maybe try charging them overnight. That seems to be a thing with these kinds of earbuds. Not sure if it will help but itā€™s worth a shot.

(Please note: I donā€™t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

3 Likes

These sound incredible !!! They arrived the other day, I charged them up and synced them together before a test drive. I couldnā€™t be happier with the tonality and nice soundstage they have. The full cans are way better sounding, but then again buds just never come close to true headphones if you ask me. Master & Dynamic has a nice rich textured soundā€¦on the warm side, great bass without ignoring warm midrange and great highā€™s too. Oh and Battery life seems great !! The little case they give is super nice tooā€¦a bit heavy since itā€™s chrome, but really solid feeling. I also like they they give you a USB A to C adapter if its needed. Seriously, these are probably as good as an ear bud can sound.

5 Likes

So first pair in grey terrazzo left earbud was dead, 2nd pair in tortoishell the battery went from 100-20% in about 10 min. They sound great thoughā€¦ Wish they worked :sob:

Moral of the story, when batteries are old and small they die. If you got these test them out asap and let them play until they die and time it after a full charge. Reached out to M&D just in case. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

As suggested above, please try charging them overnight. If that doesnā€™t work, please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible). Please allow 24h for them to respond.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please note: I donā€™t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

5 Likes

Having issues with the battery life. They jist wont hold a charge.

Iā€™ve already reached out to Woot about them. Too bad; they are really nice earbuds.

2 Likes

M & D are a great brand and even if you can find these for $60ā€¦ these are $32 brand newā€¦ the MAIN issue here isā€¦ theyre all broken! I purchased 3 and they all arrived defective and had to send them back. Come on! Whats the chances theyre all bad? Skip this deal.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve used mine a few times since I got them - Iā€™m not sure the batteries are lasting for 3.5-4 hours or whatever they were rated for. I have taken them exercising and they have easily lasted the 1/1.5 hours I was out.

Also, at my desk I got a few hours out of them but then was able to throw them in the charger at lunch. I didnā€™t time how long I was listening but it wasnā€™t all morning, so maybe 2+ hours?

Since I bought two of these I figured Iā€™m covered! :wink:

2 Likes

Confirming that M&D does not honor the warranty from Woot purchases. They just got back to me. Reached out due to battery issues

2 Likes

Sorry about that. Iā€™ve asked our team about the issues with the warranty.

In the meantime, reach out to Woot! Customer Service and tell them what youā€™ve tried.

3 Likes

Just got mine, and after a little time on the charger theyā€™re up and running. Theyā€™ve been sounding great. I noticed on mine there are plastic tabs on each earbud that will prevent charging when they are in the packaging. If youā€™re not charging, might they still be on the earbuds?

4 Likes

So did I but have not tested or timed yet. Was hoping to gift them but now am nervous. Gifts that do not charge are disappointments and make the giver look like he bought factory seconds.

1 Like

Great soundā€¦but the charge only lasts 12-13 minutes.

3 Likes

I charged mine up yesterday. They are phenomenal.

Not showing disrespect here, but Iā€™m wondering if some folks know to take the pieces of plastic off the buds that protect them. They wonā€™t charge if you donā€™t remove those pieces of plastic covering the contacts.

Just mentioning this in case.

5 Likes

We may be idiots but not when it comes to taking off plastic. Iā€™ve fully charged and discharged mine a few times to ā€œwake upā€ the battery and itā€™s still awful. 20 min after the first full charge, 40 after the 2nd, then back to 20 after the 3rd. Really got hopes up for theseā€¦

2 Likes