New! Minimalist & Northeast Tees

ok so where’s RI ??

I got nothing against the designer, but I would like Woot to explain how a design that was Rejected (and in 2nd place) for “Voting irregularities”, still receives an Honorable Mention and it is for sale?

What am I missing here?

My guess is they’re not sure what happened. Bears mentioning that the artist posted a link to the derby entry on the shirt.woot facebook page right around the time the votes started to skyrocket. While I see that as a bit overboard, there’s no official policy against it, but it probably made establishing legitimacy more difficult, and in a time crunch, woot had to compromise. Or something. I think in the future, maybe we artists should all agree not to ask for votes on the FB page… that could get silly very quick if everyone did it.

On another note, thanks for the double nod, woot! :smiley:

Sounds plausible. The thing is, Alby is from Indonesia … and has no voting power because Woot doesn’t even ship there. Unlike some other folks (family), the voting irregularities would have come from an outside source.

There’s only one artist right now which I have an issue with his fanbase, as there have been several occasions in which the shirt undersold the votes. Don’t get me wrong - I too am a fan of this artist – but I don’t vote simply because of the name.

Pop Pills list best guesses
Batman
Robin
Joker
Mr Freeze

Cyclops
Wolverine
Beast
Xavier?

Raphael
Michelangelo
Leonardo
Donatello

Superman
Supergirl
?
Lex?

Link
Zelda
Ganon?
Navi?

Hulk
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Robotnik/Eggman

?
?
?
?

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi

Trainer
Pikachu
?
Pokeball

My guesses:

Batman
Robin
Joker
Mr. Freeze?

Cyclops
Wolverine
Beast
Xavier (bald head, white dress shirt collar, black suit coat, gold wheelchair)

Raphael
Michelangelo
Leonardo
Donatello

Superman
Supergirl
Krypto (the super dog)
Lex (bald head, white dress shirt collar, black suit)

Link
Zelda
Ganon?
Navi?

Hulk
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Robotnik/Eggman

Starlord
Drax
Rocket Raccoon
Groot

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi

Ashe
Pikachu
Misty
Pokeball

Hi All,
So there were some voting irregularities on the design in question. The issue came from there being multiple user accounts created by the same people to stack the votes. Those votes pushed it up to a winning spot. We couldn’t give the shirt a winning spot with the votes from the accounts in question.
We contacted the artist ahead of time to let them know of our findings and to make sure we weren’t overreacting. We decided to include the design in the HM sale because there were a lot legitimate votes for it.

I want to make sure that we let you guys know that it was not because of the push on Social.
We want everyone to promote their designs on Social and and every way possible (I’m waiting for our first skywriting). We see it as a great way to introduce new people to the site, and could never get as much reach as our artist community can.
-insert sappy disclaimer- You guys are the lifeblood of the site and we want to make sure we do right by everyone and keep it fair.

… and then you hire them, right? I mean, didn’t the most recent editor paint a giant kitteh on the side of the building under the guise that she was the window washer? :slight_smile: =^.^=

On a more serious note, if this destructive behavior continues, would voting privileges be removed from these said accounts? Such a tactic can easily be used to sabotage another artist – and if tracked, would the originating artist in context be the one facing the discipline of “voting irregularities”?

I appreciate the candor re: what happened. Didn’t mean to spread misinformation, and I’m glad to see my theory debunked!

https://i.imgflip.com/jtfzs.jpg

From RI. No longer live in RI. Came here excited to buy this shirt, no matter what it looked like. Lo and behold – the only state listed without a shirt to represent it. Cool.

We’re still making our way around the US- this was just the first batch so far, so there’s a lot of people that won’t have their state yet. If we decide in these derbies we haven’t found a state’s tee that we especially like (or feel like we could get more of), we’ll be asking for re-dos later.

Everytime Patrickspens does a “glowing” effect it’s just marvelous.

hoping for more a exciting MA tee next time around…

Voting irregularities? On a shirt dissing NJ? Who’d have thunk it? Chris Christie should be wearing this in a 3XL.

Hey woot, here’s an idea: how about you send this as a freebie to us NJ folks?

I second RI… or Providence… We are known for our Hot Weiners. I like mine “All Da Way” but some people prefer them with “no tears”.

What the heck?? I just ordered one of these and it won’t even ship out until April 21, i.e. two weeks from now (with another 7-10 days for shipping after that)??

Yes, items in Plus events are basically print-to order and as such, do not ship until the event ends.

You can see the ship date at the bottom of each event. In this case:

These items will start shipping on 4/21 and then everything is gonna get a lot better, you just watch

Hope that helps.

+1 for need of a Rhode Island shirt

You want this NJ shirt.

NO, you WANT this NJ shirt.

YOU WANT THIS NJ SHIRT, RIGHT???

You gotta problem with that?

Thank you for your order.