New Release! Wellington 2012 Victory Reserve (2)

Last Wooter to Woot:
MarkL

But probably not the last for long…

Yep! In for two, don’t know why I am stating the obvious.

In for a full order. Its not like I don’t already have a few of these, but now it means I can open a couple up and not worry about having any for later.

Glad to have this finally show up. Sad to know that we are nearing the end.

Order in. Thanks Peter. Is there a reason why this vintage was not offered on Woot! prior to now?

First of all, THANKS PETER FOR MORE OF YOUR VICTORY!!! AND THANKS WD FOR CONTINUING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

It’s been weird lately. I’ve been getting these thoughts that a Wellington offer is due, better check WW.com. It’s happened three times now. Low and behold Peter’s wine is on the clock again today. We had some nasty storms that came through Sunday and last night I finished putting the food back in refrigerator and freezers. The dry ice worked wonders, thanks to my son’s idea. Today I’m cutting up fallen branches in my neighbors yard and taking down my damaged canopy!! As tired and sore as my body is right now, it could have been much worse!! This offer has made my day!!! THANKS PETER!!! In for 3X even before I read the comment section. Time to fire up the chain saw.

Discipline, my friend, discipline. Drink no Cabernet before it’s passed the age at which W.C. Fields would stop up the bung hole on the barrel in which he said children should be raised…

Got me 3. And as others have stated, these will go right along with the other boxes of Wellington I have stacked up in the basement. Thank you Peter!
Cheers!

Last wooter to woot: cynthylee
Last purchase: a few seconds ago

Ok in for 4?!?!? may come back and get those last 2 if they linger.

Well.there goes my SIWBM.

word

In for 2, puts us over a case of Victory and a Magnum…6 Revelry too.
Oh and the 120+ other bottles of Wonderful Wellington Wines & Ports!!!

Peter, my wife and I talk about the sad day we open that last bottle. Thanks for all the great wine’s over the years gone by, and still yet to come

I’m curious about production volume vs quality. I have found that so many of the wines I have found, here and elsewhere, that I really like are smaller production. Wellington is sometimes on the larger side of “small” production. What is the production level that starts to get to be too much to really manage quality or are there just too many variables to put a guestimate on it?

There are indeed many variables. We produced 8-1000 cases a year and usually bottled 15 or more different wines each year. We had myself and one other UC Davis graduate level enologist from 1995 through 2014. I’ve seen larger wineries with one part-time winemaker / enologist. I’ve seen smaller wineries that were second occupations for untrained winemakers. I’ve seen large wineries that take extraordinary steps to maintain quality while improving efficiency. In the end it comes down to good grapes and commitment of time, money and other resources to winemaking.

One other point: In general, large production equates to consistent (good) quality but tends to compromise uniqueness. On the other hand, small production wines can be highly variable, ranging from sublime to god-awful.

Which year did you only produce 8 cases?

Thanks for some more Wellington Peter! My cellar is close to bursting at the moment. This will probably do it.

Is there any chance at all we’ll ever see the Duke appear for sale?

Sorry, the Duke is long gone.

Any backdoor way to get to CT?

Please??

wootleg?

Peter,
There was an earlier comment quoting you mentioning a '13 Victory.
Given licensing and costs for them, is that something we may expect to see here before all yours expire?